A (Not So) Bad Day

Simon pov:

I had one of those Fridays where you just knew it was bad. I didn't know why, but it was in the air, at least for me. I was kind of torturing myself to school and the thought of Willes hand made it a little bit easier. But only a little.

I swung open the door to the classroom and there were only a few people there. To be fair, I was pretty early. Wille wasn't there yet either. I sat down at our table and got my stuff out. After I finished, the door opened again and Sara and Felice came into the room.

"Good morning, Simon." said Sara obviously in a better mood than me. "Morning." I mumbled. The two took seats at the table behind me as usual. "Do you know where Wille is?" I asked. Felice looked at Sara and then back at me. "He was at breakfast but since then I've...there he is." I turned back to the door and here he came. The corners of my mouth moved a bit but not much. "Speak of the devil!" greeted Felice.

"Morning." Will said and gave me a quick kiss. For still my vision of the day brightened a little. "Good morning." I returned his greeting. I tried to look as happy as possible. Wille always knew when something was wrong. And since I knew that he had more to do with his mom at the moment, I didn't want to force my problems on him.

"What's wrong?" asked Wille after we had turned around again after a little small talk with Sara and Felice. He took my hand and looked me in the eye. "Nothing." I tried with a smile on my lips, but even I realized how implausible it sounded. He didn't believe me and I saw that in his eyes. But he didn't asked further. He that from himself. If I wanted to talk, I would talk.

The lessons were just crawling along. Under the table, Wille took my hand and he held it the whole time. Even though he now had to write with his left hand. From behind us came a soft squeak, but it wasn't from a chair. I turned around and saw Sara and Felice not concentrating at all on the lesson, but on me, with Wille's hands clasped.
I gave them a look that said, "Really now!?" and turned back around.

I somehow survived everything until I was sitting at a table with Wille, Felice and Sara at lunch time. Wille hadn't let go of my Han in the previous fifteen minutes. I had a sandwich from home, Sara and Felice had coffee, and Wille had...nothing. I handed him my sandwich. "Do you want some?" I asked. He took it smiling and ate the other half of my bread. I could tell he didn't really want to eat.

After lunch, Felice and I had choir practice and we went there now.
"See you then." I said and gave Wille a kiss on the cheek and turned to leave but Wille held me by the wrist and pulled me back. "Any plans for tonight?" he asked with a grin and it just infected me. "Apparently I am now." I replied and Wille continued to grin to himself. "Did you just ask me out Crown Prince?" I asked him and Wille looked playfully confused. "Not really. You know I'm not like that." he said and grinned again.

"Oh really?" i said and kissed him again. He smiled into the kiss. "Shit, I'm so like that." said Wille laughing. I gave him one last quick kiss before disappearing into the music room. Maybe this bad day just turned into a good one and maybe I had just misjudged.

Wille pov:

I only left Simme alone because I had things to plan that I couldn't put off to the last second again. I knew that he had something like an absolutely bad day. And it hurt to see him like that. So I decided to have a date night with him. Actually, I should have gone to the castle this weekend but I could do without it.

My mother and I were not exactly in the clear at the moment. It was about a visit abroad that was planned two months in advance, but the weekend where it should take place, fell exactly on Simon's birthday. And I had started to play along with many things of the Royale Court, but there I drew my line. That's why my mother was a bit pissed. More about the fact that nothing will get me to come along, but I didn't care about that to be honest.