Moving

A/N This maybe a bit more intense kissing and a bit more spicy at the end. Just so you're warned. And it's my first time writing it hehe :)

Simon pov:

The tape closed the last box and I put it on the small pile in the corner of my room. The light from my aquarium made my room glow orange and it made me a bit sad that it was the last time for now. The last time I could watch Olle, Oski and Felle before I went to sleep. But at four o'clock in the afternoon was still nothing with sleep.

I stuck my head into the kitchen. Mom was sitting at the table with a cup in her hand, leaning over a book that looked like a... photo album? I crept closer to her but I was never good at sneaking. Her head moved up and she looked at me, smiling.
"Done with packing?" she asked, taking a sip from her cup.

"Yup." I replied happily and moved as if magically drawn to the coffee pot that stood next to my mother. As if she had known, there was already an empty cup for me right next to it.

"What are you looking at?" I asked, pouring myself the liquid for hopefully energy into my cup. Coffee.
"Your photo album when you were little and cute." she explained, pushing the book over to me a bit. "Hey." I replied to the comment, "I'm still ... cute. Ask Wille for consent."
Mom gave a short laugh and then pointed to one of the pictures. "That's one of my favorite pictures of you. It shows exactly that you knew where you were going to be someday." I looked down at it and smiled instantly.

I was standing on my bed in pajamas, on my head, a crown made of paper. The wall color was still blue back then and on the wall hung... a poster of Wille. "Oh God." was the only thing I could get out, as I suddenly started laughing. "How old was I then?"
Mom thought for a moment. "I think about 10 or 11." it came out more as a question than a statement.
"I was 12." I said a little absently. I noticed that my mother suddenly looked at me very interested, but ignored it skillfully.

I remembered as if it were yesterday that I was absolutely delighted when my mother came home with a magazine of posters. One of them was of Prince Wilhelm of Sweden. I remembered running my hand, as I sat alone in my room, over the cheeks that were depicted on the piece of paper and imagining how they would feel. How it would be to touch his lips with mine, to look into his eyes and to sink into them.

For little me, it was a celebrity crush. For my now self, it was the love of my life. And I would move in with him. If I had told little me that, he would have fallen over with joy. Little Simon would have cried.
"Why do you know that so well?" my mother asked with a knowing look.

"You knew." I stated, looking at her in shock, "You knew all along." She nodded proudly, as if she had made the discovery of the century.
"Of course I knew. You talked about NOTHING but Prince Wilhelm of Sweden for a good two months. The boy with the bright blond brown hair. I knew it long before you told me you were gay. It was always boys you talked about when you were younger. Never girls. And besides, I'm your mother, Simon. What do you think of me?"

I laughed as she grabbed her chest in attack, but laughed too. "You've grown up so fast." she said after a brief silence, placing her hand on my cheek. "The house will be so empty when you're gone and Sara is still in Spain." she said, choking back a tear. "In her defense: You suggested that she could go to grandma and grandpa's for a little longer then just a week." I said, standing up and taking my cup. "Yeah yeah, just defend her. In the end I'm alone anyway." she said laughing and followed me.

"Don't make me feel bad now. You know I thought long and hard about moving in with Wille." I whined and leaned against the kitchen counter. "Let's just enjoy our last night together, okay?" She nodded, choking back a tear. Again.

We sat down on the couch in the living room and looked through the photo album until we were through. After that I took out a card game which we played until late at night, laughing and crying at the end. For multiple reasons.
At three o'clock we decided to go to sleep, because Ayub and Rosh would be at the door at eight o'clock. I lay down in my bed and watched Olle Oski and Felle one last time as they danced through the water and the orange light finally went out.