Missing

Wille pov:

He didn't answer his cell phone and it killed me. No message for twelve hours and on calls was also not reacted. Not to Linda's, not to Sara's and not to mine either, which he usually ALWAYS answered.
I walked up and down Linda's living room while she sat on the sofa. "He'll be fine," she said, but pulled the pillow Simon had given her two years ago closer to her. "If he was fine, he would have answered, wouldn't he? If he was fine, he would be here." With every sentence I said, I got louder.

That morning I was still sitting happily with Simon at the breakfast table and now he's gone. This morning... that kept running through my head. This morning...
"Sleep first. You've been awake for almost eighteen hours." said Linda who had now gotten up and pulled me into Simon's room. "But what if he shows up and I'm asleep?" I protested as I fell onto the bed, my eyes already heavy anyway.
"Then he'll wake you up. But sleep now Wilhelm." Linda said and left the room again. And so I slept. And I slept for a long time. And with every breath I inhaled more of Simon's scent from his pillow.

When I woke up, the sun's rays were already shining into the room. But there was no Simon in sight.
I jumped up and went into the living room. Linda was lying on the couch, a dried tear on her cheek. I slowly walked up to her and she looked up, pain in her eyes and she just shook her head. I dropped down next to her and took her in my arms. She cried again and I started to cry with her.

We texted Sara, since Linda and I were unable to file a missing person's report with the police. She immediately agreed and hung up. Linda and I tried to comfort each other during this time. And it worked halfway. Sometimes we were calm and cried and sometimes not. Then Linda decided that she had to distract herself and started to bake something. I stayed behind in the living room.

I took one of the photo albums from the shelf and tried not to cry when I looked into Simon's small brown eyes. Pictures of him in Spain as well as of him in Sweden, his small round cheeks shining in the sun. I then smiled for the first time in 24 hours. I smiled at baby Simon.
„I like that one." Linda said as she came back from the kitchen. „It was before all the drama with his dad happend."

Simon was in his father's arms and smiling. I almost melted at the sight of it.
He had never talked much about his father. And when he did, it was almost never good. Mostly it was just memories that just hurt to listen to. But I liked listening to him. On the one hand because I was the only person besides Linda that he really trusted. But also simply because I loved it when Simme talked.

The joy in his voice that never completely disappeared. It lit up my darkest hours and I had wished so bad that he would just come through that door and hug me and tell me why he was late. My head went up briefly at the thought, but there was still no Simon.
Linda tapped me out of nowhere and pointed to another picture of Simon and Sara.
"They were inseparable when they were little. I hope they can be like that again someday." she sighed and took a sip of the tea she had brought for herself.

"I'll make myself some too." I said and Linda smiled at me, taking the album on her lap and continuing to leaf through it while I disappeared out the door into the kitchen. I grabbed a black tea after turning on the kettle.
As I poured the hot water into the cup with the tea bag, I saw two shapes move at the door. I left everything and went to the door.

When I opened the door, the person in police uniform was standing in front of me with his hand raised ready to knock. "Good morning, Crown Prince." he said. "I assume you are here for Simon. Where is he? Is he all right?" I asked, afraid of an answer I didn't want to hear.
"Wilhelm...?" asked Linda who now came up behind me. "You're Linda Eriksson, right?" the second policeman now asked and Linda nodded mutely.

"We're sorry to have to tell you this, but one hour ago we found Mr. Eriksson dead."

I heard nothing more. Everything was silent and I had the feeling that the world had simply stopped. I had the feeling of the need to throw up. And before I knew it, my knees buckled beneath me and tears streamed down my cheeks like a waterfall. I fell onto the cold floor, bruising my knees. But I didn't feel it. I didn't feel anything an I had the feeling that I neve could feel anything ever again. It couldn't be real... it just couldn't. "Simon..." I whispered softly at first.

"Simon..." then I cried louder. "Simon, Simon, Simon..."

Simon pov:

„Simon, Simon, Simon..." Wilhelm cried next to me and I turned to him. "What...?" I began, but his eyes were closed. But through his closed eyelids tears were flowing and his face was filled with pain. "Wille?" I murmured and gently put my hand on his cheek.

Wilhelm, however, did not respond but cried even harder. Slowly I panicked and sat up, my back to Wille's closet. Wille's bed was never necessarily big but definitely big enough. I grabbed Wille by both shoulders and pulled him to me.

"Wilhelm!" I said louder now and his eyes popped open, as fast as if he had to gasp for air. And that's exactly what he tried to do now. Gasp for air. Because he wasn't getting any. He held his hand on his chest, still not quite realizing what had just happened. He just stared in front of him. I took his face in my hand and pressed a kiss on his forehead.

"Wille, it's all right, I'm here." said I, not letting go of him. "No..." he began, "No, you're...they said...an hour ago." His voice trembled more than I had heard it in a long time.
"Wille, it was all a dream, it's all good. I'm here." I said, pulling him to my chest and his breathing calmed jerkily and he wrapped his arms around my torso.
I held him as close as I could because I knew he needed it. I spread little kisses in his hair.

"You're here." said Wille and moved even closer to me. "I never left." I said and Wille now looked up at me. In one motion he sat on top of me so that his legs were each on one side of my legs, his head on my chest arms still wrapped around me. My arm still held him close to me.

"I really thought..." whispered Wille and I noticed another tear running down his face. "What?" I asked, lifting his chin. "I dreamt that you were missing and then, then I was told you were dead and I...I..."
"Shh. You don't have to say anything else." I simply reassured him. He silently looked into mine with his puppy eyes. I placed a small kiss on his lips and Wilhelm was now completely reassured.

We lay back down, Wille still on top of me though. My hand carefully ran through his hair. "Wille?" I asked so softly that I could hardly hear it myself, but he did. "Mhm." he murmured and put his head on my chest so that he could look at me.
"Have you had dreams like this before?" I asked cautiously. "That you've died? No, except for now, I guess. That you were breaking up with me? Too often." he said.

"You know I love you way too much to ever leave you, don't you?" I said, not so much asking as stating a fact. "I know Simon, I know. I love you too. More than anything else in the whole damn world." I placed another kiss on his head.

And yes damn it. I loved this person more than my own life. But I knew one thing:
Even if I died someday, and Wilhelm was forced to stay alone, I would watch over him until he came back to me and we walked hand in hand to our final happy ending.
——————

Oh I love it and I hate it at the same time - David Kushner

A/N Just quick: I have a new project going on a bit stress in general. One shots will still come, but less than before. It'll be worth it 💜