Chapter Eight: Raves and War

━━━━━ ✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━
❨ ∘ 𝔞𝔠𝔱 2 ∘ ❩
. . .‧₊˚ ✩ 𝒞𝐻𝒜𝒫𝒯𝐸𝑅 𝐸𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 ✩.‧₊˚ . . .
𝓡𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓦𝓪𝓻

❛raving❜━━━━━ ✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━

raving
━━━━━ ✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━

The screen begins playing once again but everyone was confused looking at the screen at the young girl who was staring at a chessboard the moment they saw her eyes they knew who she was.

"That's you," Stiles says pointing to Ellie who nods her head looking at the screen.

"Yeah this was when I was about seven or eight," Ellie says although confused looking at the screen.

Ellie smiles brightly before moving a piece and looking up towards the man across from her.

Chris immediately tenses seeing Gerard in front of his daughter before pulling her tightly to him.

"Checkmate grandpa," Ellie says with a bright smile as Gerard stares at her before looking down at the chessboard and moving a piece.

"And king takes your queen," Gerard says making Ellie look down at the board wide-eyed.

"That's not fair! You know you are supposed to lose so I can win," Ellie says pouting as Gerard chuckles at her.

"All is fair in love and war Ellie," Gerard tells her making Ellie pout at him.

"Who did you know I was going make those?" Ellie asks looking at the older man.

"Always know thy enemy Ellie. Know how to read them and know their next move before they even make it," Gerard says making Ellie nod as she looks at him.

"What are you two talking about?" Kate asks smiling as she walks towards the two.

Ellie tense seeing these scenes from her childhood. She didn't like seeing these moments before she knew the truth.

"Grandpa beat me," Ellie says pouting as Kate chuckles before picking the little girl up.

"Well don't worry Ellie one day you will beat me," Kate says before looking at her father.

"I need to get her back before Chris begins calling," Kate tells her father as he nods.

"Come on Ellie," Kate says as they begin leaving the house.