TRACK #39

☄. *. ⋆˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ੈ✩‧₊˚

It was a Saturday afternoon. About two weeks away from the first day of school. Miyoung was pacing up and down in her room, rehearsing her speech in her head. Of course, she had a speech prepared. She needed to be prepared for anything.

Yeonjun stood in her open door, leaning against the frame with his arms crossed. "What are you doing?" He asked amusedly. "Don't tell me you're planning on eloping... Who the hell are you planning on marrying at 17?"

Miyoung paused only long enough to shoot him an unamused glare before going back to pacing up and down. "I'm not marrying anyone, dummy. I need to have a serious conversation with Mom and Dad in a few minutes and I'm freaking out."

"Well, what's it about?" Yeonjun asked.

Miyoung nervously tugged at her bottom lip before answering, "Finishing school here."

Yeonjun stood shocked. He was definitely caught off guard by that answer since he never picked up any signs of unhappiness from his sister. "But why? I really thought you were happy there. This is so sudden."

"Well... not exactly." Miyoung finally halted to stare at her brother. "I don't exactly fit in there..."

Yeonjun stared back at her, mouth slightly agape. "What do you mean? Don't tell me they bully you."

"Not directly, no." Miyoung admitted, bowing her head in shame. "I just don't think it's for me. The school, the people, just the whole environment. I'd rather be in a place where I'm comfortable; around people I know."

The older bit his lower lip, nodding his head in understanding. Though he thought she was giving up on an excellent opportunity, he still had to consider her happiness. She clearly wasn't happy and judging from the way she was fidgeting from the nerves, she had clearly thought about this for a long time. 

"Well, if you think you should switch schools again, you have my full support. Just do what's best for you, okay, Mimi?" The latter nodded, teeth tugging at her bottom lip. It was a habit the two siblings shared.

Yeonjun took a step towards her, spreading his arms out and Miyoung giggled before allowing him to engulf her body. The two embraced each other for a few moments more until she was reminded of something. "Oh, Jun. Did you know Soobin was switching majors?"

"Ah, yeah... I knew he was contemplating switching but I didn't think he would actually do it. I'm glad he saw it through, though. He's got real talent." Yeonjun chuckled, but it was clear in his tone of voice that he was proud of his best friend. Their friendship has always been so endearing in Miyoung's eyes. "Oh, shit, Mimi! I forgot Mom and Dad were going somewhere today. They said they'd be leaving in half an hour."

Miyoung's eyes widened. She had already mentally readied herself to talk to their parents right now. They couldn't leave yet otherwise all that preparation would've been for nothing. "I have to go talk to them before they leave."

"Go, go!" Yeonjun urged her on. Miyoung jumped, the nerves almost immediately setting in. "You can do this, Mimi." With those last words, Yeonjun pushed the girl out of her room and toward the direction of their parents bedroom.

Taking a last breath to compose herself, Miyoung knocked on the door. "Come in." Boram's voice rang from inside. "Oh, sweetie." She perked up once Miyoung popped her head in.

"Hey, Mom..." The younger took a careful step inside, her nervousness clear as day making Boram worry. "Could we talk for a minute? With you and Dad?"

"Of course, sweetie. Are you okay?" Miyoung's mother asked and the girl only nodded.