Prt two

This is me trying to spread the Nancy and Will friendship agenda. Thank you.

He watched Nancy desperately scream for her brother. It only made him feel worse. He couldn't move or say anything. Just watch as Mike floated farther away from him. Everything around him was sinking in.

Mike's not just my friend. He's Nancy's little brother. He's Holly's big brother. He's Lucas and Dustin's friend. He's a son. He was El's first love. How fucked we would all be if we lost Mike. Because even though he's a huge pain in the ass sometimes, he still means something to so many people.

Will continued to stare. Nancy's screams sounding so distant, so far away. Something caught his eye. Mike's hand twitching. He wasn't fully lost in there. He wanted to reach up their and hold his hand. Just a reminder that it was all going to be okay. "Nancy!" Will finally spoke up.

She turned to look, even with the tears streaming down her eyes, he could see she still had some hope for her brother. And so did Will. "Nancy, his hand. It's moving."

She slowly calmed her breathing, looking up to her brothers hand, then back down to Will. They shared a look. A special look.

Thank god you're here.

***

"Fine! Fine, I'll choose." Mike couldn't believe the words coming out of his mouth. The creature in front of him smiled, if you could even call it that. It was such a creepy, twisted smile.

It sat and waited for Mike's answer. "Will."

"Will." The creature repeated, almost taunting him.

"Yes! Will! Jesus, Will, just get it over with."

He couldn't watch. He scrunched his face up and closed his eyes. It's like he could hear the vines letting go of Will and tightening on El.

"Mike!" Will's voice called out. He could tell it was his without looking. But, it sounded... strained.

He opened his eyes. The sight being almost a punch in the face. El slowly falling to the ground, the vines letting her go. His eyes darted to Will. The vines tightening around his throat. He could see the boy struggling.

Mike turned to the creature. "I picked Will. Let him go!" He yelled.

"I wanted to see which one would hurt you the most."

***

"Mike! Get out of there! It's not real! I'm right here! Me and Will, we're both right here! Get the hell out of there!" Nancy screamed.

Will looked back to El. Sitting on the ground, her face in her knees. "El can't you do something?" He asked. She didn't move. He realized it must've been a lot for her. She really couldn't do anything.

Will turned back to Mike and then heard El's voice. "Try a memory." She said.

"What?" Will asked.

"Like something happy. Joyce said try to get through to him? Something you know he'd remember."

Will thought for a second. He had no idea if this would work. But he had to try.

***

Another slap to the face.

Mike had never felt himself be so angry before. He wrapped his finger around a vine and tried ripping it apart. He felt the rest of the vines loosen a little on his body.

Keep trying.

Another tug.

They loosened more.