It's not just El

This isn't a story between Mike and Will. It's a story between Nancy and Karen. They're talking about Mike and Will. This is just one of my theories/hopes for season 4. Hope you enjoy!

"Just get out." Mike said coldly. "Seriously Mike? What is your deal lately?" Nancy asked getting annoyed. She was standing in Mike's doorway. All she said was that it was time for dinner and he was being a jerk. "Nothing." Mike said. He stood up, walked to the door, and slammed it right in her face. What the hell is his problem?

She spun on her heel to face the other direction, then walked down stairs to see her mom standing at the kitchen counter. "Where's dad and Holly?" She asked. "Oh they fell asleep on the couch after eating. Sorry hun." Nancy smiled. "Guess it's just you and me then." She said. Karen put a plate in front of Nancy. She grabbed a plate of her own and sat down next to her daughter.

"Where's Mike?" She asked. Being an asshole. "I'm not sure. He said he wasn't hungry and I asked why and he started acting up, getting all defensive for some reason. I think he's in one of those moods." Nancy replied popping a piece of broccoli in her mouth. Karen let out a short chuckle. Nancy giggled a bit too but she couldn't help but wonder.

Mike has been acting up ever since the Byers and El moved away. That's normal I guess, he just misses his friends but he's always on the phone with them. I ask him who he's talking to and every single time it's Will. It's like he's never talking to El. Jonathan told me Will is always on the phone with Mike too, that El never is. It's weird because he used to be obsessed with her. They used to be obsessed with each other.

Mike never talks about El. However, when he's in the mood for talking, which is very rare, he always has a new story about Will. Will got new shoes. Will has a new job. Me and Will were on the phone for hours last night. I know they're best friends but I think Mike maybe likes Will as more than a friend. Maybe Will likes him back. Will never seemed to be the type to ever date girls, it was never his thing.

Will is like my brother too. Before they moved, Will came over all the time. He came over more than Dustin and Lucas did. Which just adds to my suspicion. "Do you think Mike is doing okay? You know, with the whole Byers moving away thing." Nancy asked, turning towards her mother. "If I'm being honest, I don't think he's doing well. I think he really misses El." She said. "I don't think it's just El though. I don't even think El is a big part of it." Nancy said.

Karen furrowed her eyebrows. "What do you mean?" She asked. "Well, you know how Mike is always on the phone with someone?" Nancy asked. Karen nodded and continued eating. "Every time I ask him who it is, he says Will. I even talked to Jonathan, he said that El is never on the phone with Mike, that it's only Will. Plus, Mike always has all these new stories about Will but I haven't really heard anything about El." Nancy finished and Karen started to think.

"They have been best friends for a long time. Mike and Will have always been way closer to each other than to the rest of the boys. You never saw the two apart from each other. He probably just misses his best friend." Karen said. Nancy stopped to think about this.

It's possible. Mike would tell her if he liked Will right? Yeah. Yeah he would. Nancy nodded and continued to eat. She got to thinking some more. Wait. No. No he wouldn't tell me. He didn't tell me when El appeared. He didn't tell me that he liked El. There's nothing proving that he would tell me about this. "But I-" Nancy tried but she couldn't form the words. She paused for a second and then continued.

"Do you think Mike could maybe like Will?" Nancy asked. Karen furrowed her eyebrows. "Like as more than a friend?" She asked. Nancy nodded. Karen sat her fork down on her plate and began to think. It's possible. They have always been closer. Mike seemed to be more fond of Will than he was Lucas and Dustin.

When Will went missing, that was the only thing Mike cared about. After they found him Mike never left Will's side. He stayed at his house every weekend and rode him home on his bike. The two were always more touchy with each other too. When Will would enter the house Mike would greet him with a huge hug.

Whereas when the others entered the house he would give them a simple "hi." During scary movies Will would always grab Mike's arm. Mike didn't seem to mind, he merely chuckled. Maybe it was an occasional thing. I even caught them passed out on the couch cuddled up together. Now that I think about it, Mike has never been the type to be interested in girls either.

His first crush was El and he doesn't even seem to care about her anymore. "It um, it might be possible actually." Karen said. Nancy nodded. "Right." She smiled. They both laughed. "They would be cute together." Karen said. "How did we not see this coming?" Nancy asked. "Who knows. I'll talk to him tomorrow." Karen said. Little did they know, Mike was sitting on the last step of the stairs, listening to the whole conversation. How the hell did they know?