Page 21

Sitting still I swallowed, lost in the blankness of my mind. Enid sat next to me trying her hardest to get my attention even though she was just as lost, "Morella? Are you okay, you're kind of staring off into, well, nothing, you're staring off into nothing. Yep that's exactly what you're doing." She gave up before looking in the same direction of my line of sight and spoke again, a wild idea on her mind. "Unless you're planning an assassination attempt on a group of banshees." She paused as I blinked back into the moment, "are you? What'd they do?" My brows knitted together and I looked over, "something happened, I don't know how to... I'm not sure how to respond to the situation or handle it." I turned back, quickly adding, "but not with the banshee's..."

"You have an attraction towards the gorgon correct, Ajax Petropolus?" She froze quite suddenly as I peered back at her, "I don't know what you're talking about," feigning ignorance wasn't her strong suit, "I'm already aware of it, no need to hide your unspoken revelation, I merely have a question... If you'd answer it for me, please?" Her face turned into almost what one would describe as a wobbly expression before her brows furrowed in confused curiosity, "a question?"

Swallowing my nervous emotion I inhaled deeply, holding the air in my lungs until they constricted and I was forced to exhale against my own wishes, "how do you stand the smell of his 'herbs', your senses must be heightened whether you've 'wolfed out' or not. I have an anatomy class with him and he 'sparked up' in secrecy next to me. The scent is so strong, it feels as though it's roasting my nostrils to forever be ingrained in my sense of smell." She blanched, "you want to ask about his smell?" I had a cringe expression and she started to giggle, "the school gives us wolves a blocking agent of sorts, you rub it on your nose every morning, totally makes it feel like you have allergies but it's still supes' good to have on hand." I nodded and finally looked at her, "I thought you were going to ask about a guy, or someone I mean whatever your preference is, I'm not judging. Unless maybe you liked Xavier..."

My eyes narrowed tightly at her, "Xavier?" She sucked in her lips turning her face away not in a dejected way but in feigned obliviousness, "Enid what?" Frowning, my upper lip curled at her, "Enid, speak." She swallowed, tilting her body side to side as she squeaked out her words, "it's just that, well, okay so," she turned, fully watching me for only a moment as she rushed out her words, stunning me, "sometimes I see him watching you, and maybe some times he's sketching in his book at the same time. I mean it totes' makes sense, you two would be super cute together, or maybe even Kent." My brow raised and she was completely oblivious to the torrent of thoughts rolling through my mind like molten lava, "he watches you too sometimes, it might be because of Bianca and Wednesday but you never know. Oh my moons, if you date Xavier... or, Kent and I can get Ajax to finally see me and ask me out, then we could like totally go on a double date!"