Page 63

We watched as she fell backwards from touching the wall, "Wednesday?!" I sighed, pointedly speaking to the group, "don't touch her, it won't help."

They looked between me and Wednesday, each of them confused and worried, "If you had bothered to ask, however thoughtful, you would all know that she prefers muffins with blueberries, she hasn't eaten cake in three years."

Enid scoffed looking over at her five fingered companion who sat sheepishly looking around with his wrist, "Thing said she loved cake," I disagreed, "Thing, prefers making cake over muffins, he most likely thought he would be making it. Don't feel bad about the misinformation, eat the cake or it will go to waste, it's never a guarantee she'll eat either dishes."

I turned and looked back at Enid, "do not invite me out again to such an occasion, unless death is a probable incident."

"Then you must inform me at all costs," she whimpered as I started walking, "wait you're already leaving?" I grunted moving towards the door, "what do we do with Wednesday?"

"Don't touch her, she's busy..."

"But I was hoping you'd tell me what you want for your birthday? After all this," she gestured to her surroundings with a grimace before whimpering, I sighed in aggravation as I spoke to her, "do not bother with such frivolous tasks Enid..."

Her huff of annoyance did nothing to deter me as I turned back to her, intent on stopping her ideas, Xavier's words however making all of my motions stop in their tracks, "oh wait, don't tell us. Let me guess, you also hate birthdays," I paused at his tone.

Taking a small step forward at the sudden aggressiveness, I spoke in monotone glaring at him as he returned the action, "if you have an issue with me as of late, then speak your mind, lest it rot and fester amongst the cobwebs."

"Wait, does anyone even know when her birthday is?" I eyed the gorgon and they all looked at me, Xavier starting to fume, "no, but Thing does... Unless, Morella tells us, please it'll be super fun," I frowned at the wolf once more with a heavy sigh from my nostrils, Thing suddenly saddened and quiet at the mention, "why would I tell you such a pointless thing?"

"It's not pointless it's your birthday," Kent's soft voice had me peering at him for a moment before Enid blurted out her private thought's, "and because I'm your best friend, so I'm inclined to know about important events pertaining to you! So, come on! Spill it."

"I'm afraid you have somehow lost me, what does the day of my birth have to do with our relations with each other?"

I paused at the look on her face, she was more than likely grossed out, "well don't put it like that, that makes our friendship sound creepy," Xavier spoke up quickly with his brows furrowed in confusion, "why are you being so stubborn? If you don't like your birthday just say so."

His attitude as of late was prickling my feathers trying to pull them from my skin, "it's not something to celebrate," I narrowed my eyes at him before twisting on my heel to leave, "it's a day of mourning."

"Besides you are twelve and a half days too late," I left, walking from the mausoleum with a relaxed expression and no tenseness in my shoulders for once in the short while it had been since receiving that journal.