Page 52

"Oh my god," Enid's frantic whisper didn't deter my gaze as she pulled back in my arms, her hands quickly covering my eyes after she turned to catch sight of my gaze and who it was directed towards, "your eyes, your eyes."

The darkness shocked me, the line of sight broke and I cooled down considerably as her hands kept their place over my eyes, even my grip had loosened as I blinked in confusion. I watched the darkness go from light to dark again as she peeked at my eyes, "calm down...your eyes."

I relaxed, no longer tense and angry as she peeked again, cupping around the sides of my eyes as Pugsley also came into view, "are you okay?" I swallowed, giving a small nod as her hands pulled away and I let her back up, my eyes catching Weems gaze and her knowing look.

"Hey, is everything okay?" I blinked a few times before swallowing and nodding at the newcomer's question, "I'm fine." Enid smiled but it was weird like she was cautious and concerned, "did I hurt you?" Her brows furrowed and her head shook, "no, no, you didn't hurt me, I'm fine, swear it..."

I gave a nod, turning to look up at Xavier as Enid asked him a question, "is everything okay?" He nodded, peering between us as Pugsley walked over to our parents and Enid's just as my mother wandered over to the group while eyeing me from the corner.

"Yeah, just saw what happened, I had to come see if she was okay... What exactly happened?" I swallowed, "i'm not sure," they both frowned, Enid brows kinking as she questioned me, "do you think principal Weems might know what happened? You were kind of staring my mom down like you were gonna eat her."

Swallowing I absentmindedly spoke up, "I won't eat your mother, I highly doubt she would taste good," her brows raised, "ugh, thanks I guess. Maybe you should ask Weems what happened? See if she knows at least," Xavier furrowed his brows at her words as I gave a short nod, "why would she know?"

"Long story," I eyed her, correcting her, "no it's not, it's quite short... It seems she knew my father..." His mouth dropped into an 'o' shape as he began to understand the situation more clearly.

My lips curled into a snarl however when I looked past her at the side of her mothers face. My glare only interrupted as my mother moved towards me, "darling," my eyes adjusted to look up at her, "mother."

Both 'friends' moved away, Xavier motioning his goodbye as Enid only slinked away to sit with Wednesday on the other side of the quad away from her own family. "We should talk about your issue," my head tilted at her words, "my issue?"

"You wish for me to wear the amulet still," it wasn't a question but an observation from my keen eyes as she stood before me, "it's for the best, you don't know how to contain yourself darling..."

It felt as if the world snapped for a third time since the amulet snapped from my body, "I'm controlling myself just fine mother, besides, I thought we had all agreed on that it would be safer for everyone if I didn't put it back on?" She sighed looking wistful, "I only want what's best for you. She has no idea what she's talking about, you're risking so much without it protecting you darling," her hand reached forward and her fingertips touched my cheek, her hand snapped in towards her body at the sting.

"She seems to know more than you, I'm done with that amulet mother and I'm done with you lying to me."

Turning on my heel I walked away from her frozen form, her anger a mixture of stunned silence on her part as her head turned to watch me walk away. My father suddenly joined her at her side, a hand against the small of her back.

"She's becoming a danger." He shook his head at her words, concerned but knowing and truthful, "no Tish, she's our daughter."

I sat down beside Pugsley, my glare somehow finding Enid's mother once again, a pressure behind my eyes as I hoped she choked on the slab of meat before her.

"Gomez Addams." My head turned at the voice as our parents approached the table at last, my mother taking her seat before my father could, "how can I help you, Sheriff?"

"You're under arrest for the murder of Garrett Gates." My fathers bicep was grabbed and he was turned as my eyes widened and my hands clenched into the table cloth, "you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

I sat with a lump in my throat as we all watched him being cuffed, Pugsley beside me calling out to him, "Dad?"

"You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford one, one will be appointed for you."