Page 59

"Sorry about all this." My father shoved his hand up, keeping Galpin from apologizing any further, "I don't hold grudges, only blood debts." He laughed, shaking the sheriff's hand but once they pulled away from a sudden hug, the sheriff cleared his throat and spoke.

"So, your daughter and my son have become... Close."

His shocked eyes led to him pointing at me from behind my back and for the sheriff to gesture towards the other daughter, "oh... I pity any boy who gets caught in her viper's gaze, but he must be a good egg. She wouldn't tolerate anything less."

"He has his mom to thank for that." Suddenly he turned to me...

"Miss Addams," I relaxed for once in his general area, "sheriff," his nod had me waiting a moment longer before readying to leave, "I hope this will put a stopper between our differences for a while at least, as long as you don't threaten me again and stay out of trouble. That means no more digging up bodies too."

"A truce if you will, for the time being sheriff. I would say thank you but if I hadn't solved this issue we'd be watching my father be carted off unjustly. However I will say it is nice that at least someone in power in this hell forsaken town hasn't been corrupted as of late."

"I'll take that as a compliment, you two have a good day."