Page 43

"Is everything alright?" Xavier simply nodded and walked off as Kent stood tall, "are you okay?" My mouth opened only for my ears to pop as the music changed to a slower but darker concoction of song, "I'm fine... What happened to your music?"

"Still not my music, and don't tell anyone because I could get in so much trouble, but," suddenly he leaned closer grabbing my forearm, "I may have taken my amulet off when I talked to the dj," I pulled back to study him a bit shocked as the music flowed around me, "why would you do that?" He pulled away and sheepishly smiled, "you looked uncomfortable..."

"So do you wanna dance now?" He watched for a reaction stunning himself as I couldn't help but stare up at him wide eyed, "your eyes..."

I swallowed, blinking a few times before his hand slid down to grasp mine, "sorry I can't really help it," I looked away as his brows furrowed, "are you feeling okay? Your hands colder than mine all of the sudden," he chuckled when I tentatively looked back at him a little shyly while I nodded not really sure what to do but take another sip before my drink became too cold for me, "dance with me then," my eyes widened as he pulled me towards his sister while simultaneously setting my drink down at a random table.

"Are you sure you can dance to this?" He looked back at me laughing before speaking, "oh yeah, don't worry about me stepping on your feet okay," he stopped, turning to me as a new song came on and his hand landed on my waist.

And we danced with eyes on us as others joined albeit a bit awkward as they weren't accustomed to this music. Surprisingly I was the only one dressed appropriately for such a dance and although his color palette wasn't exactly fitting he matched with the music and I almost perfectly.

I had even begun to smile softly, more so my expression turning into a smirk as we moved together. At the height of the music he moved me to curl my back over his arm as he dipped me low, my eyes connecting into a hazel gaze from across the room before I was pulled back up and twisted back into Kent's arms.

He was smiling at me as the sound of churning metal caught my attention and then a drop of red splashed down on his cheek, the sight pulled my head to a tilt and my eyes away from his face. Droplets splattered and dripped onto my face as I looked up and we backed away from each other; a torrent of red paint raining down.

I stood still looking from the ceiling to everything in my line of sight, watching as chaos ensued, the screams of kids and staff members filling my ears as they began running and slipping away from the paint until almost everyone was gone but a handful of people and I was approached by the schools very own blonde Principal, "I have had it with you two," I paused as she grabbed my shoulder harshly shifting to pull me away from the center of the room, but my words making her turn my way and pause instead, "I had no part in this and I certainly wouldn't have used paint of all things either," she stopped me from continuing as a frown pulled at my face, her own face brimming with rage as the room cleared out around us, Kent only just coming back inside after making sure his sister was alright and unharmed, "enough, how naive do you believe I am?"

She leaned in close, whispering down at me in an angry bitterness, "to think there was even a chance you were like your father but your just like Morticia," the way she spoke had a hidden meaning but at the moment it was unclear to my ears and my understanding as I reached up to grab her wrist with a tight grip hoping she would release me even in her anger before I lashed out and the bubbling burn built up too far for the freeze to hold it down, "like I said, I have no part in this," she paused peering into my eyes for a short moment before her face dropped, some sort of recognization taking over the anger in her eyes as her body language softened and she swallowed pulling her frame away from me.

Her nails had left sharp marks in my skin when she released her tight bruising grip and yet she still didn't drop her hand, "fine then, where is your sister? Maybe she'll have an explanation," I swallowed unsure at her huff of words, "I wouldn't know, maybe you should talk to the son of the mayor seeing as he's the only townie who was present tonight, I can't imagine he'd be here for any other reason..." Somehow my words only made her tighten her jaw in relit anger as she turned to take a few short steps away.

Unfortunately her long acrylic talons had gotten caught in my amulet.