Page 69

"May your 16th be as sour and misery-filled as your desire. Your ever-doting mother and father." Blankly, my eyes watched the two stand at the foot of Wednesday's bed while closing the door behind me as I walked into the room.

I couldn't stop myself from hearing their words, truly unfortunate.

"They asked Thing to hide it before they left on Parents' Weekend. Ew! That's so gross." Glancing over as I walked towards my desk I noticed the large box, the jar filled with preservation liquids and a small animal corpse in my sister's hands as she examined it, "I would've preferred live squirrels."

My bag dropped to my desk and I made to move towards them, only stopping myself from doing so at Enid's words, "while we're still accepting presents..."

"Well, do you like it?" The 'gift' in question was handmade just as mine was, "what is it exactly?"

"It's a snood, silly. I made it in your signature colors. And you want to know what the best part is?"

"I have one too!" The silence was large and void filling, her words upsetting to both Wednesday and I for more than one single, different reason, "we can wear them together to class." My sister didn't like the sound of that idea either, "oh, Enid, this is far too unique to wear to something like class. I suggest we wait for a more special occasion, like a funeral."

I immediately moved for the door, "Oh... Hey Morella, do you wanna-" Opening the door again I shut it behind me, uncaring for any interactions as of the very moment, the heat that began bubbling in my fingers and toes as I walked away from our dorm room the only thing on my mind as I tried to relax.

"Oh hey..."