Page 36

"While I do the autopsy, you find the files of the monster's other victims and make copies." Thing taps loudly against the metal as she unfurls the equipment before him, "Don't pout. Your scalpel skills are questionable. Do you remember my 13th birthday, when Uncle Fester gave me that cadaver? You sliced right through that man's carotid." He moved to me and I looked away, "I don't know how to use any of the office equipment, therefore it cannot be me," a lie but that was okay, I had no interest in such things, he tapped again resigning to his fate of copying and possible paper cuts as she moved towards the wall of frozen compartments with a sigh, "no. No."

I watched from behind her as I clasped my hands together behind my back, she inhaled sharply as she found the right tag and swung open the door in excitement, "it seems you're overly interested as usual... Has it been too long sister, clearly four months has taken its toll," She only smiles out of view and pulls out a recording tape that's mostly used by journalists trying to sneak a confession from corporate America, "magnificent hematoma."

"There you are." I rolled my eyes looking around, "Thursday, 7:23 p.m. The body is that of a 50-year-old male. Lacerations and defensive wounds appear on both hands. What remains of the chest and torso indicates a frenzied attack. Subject has been almost entirely disemboweled." Listening to her partially I take note of different things around the morgue, for instance there's a furnace structure in the room, of course used for cremations but alas my eyes are drawn away when my ears pick up the anxious tapping of Thing as he runs into the room, "this is curious, subject's left foot is missing." She pauses, pulling back to record her next words, "it appears to have been chewed off at the ankle. Have you seen a left foot anywhere?" Wednesday turns towards us as he begins to explain, pausing her thoughts, "calm down. Who's coming?"

Frowning with a sigh I began to open up an empty compartment before gazing at her, "get in," Thing hurried off to hide on his own as she climbed inside. I shut the door after sliding her tray inside and grabbing her tools, quickly turning and heading to the furnace, a huff of annoyance escaping from my nostrils. Opening its chamber I climbed in sitting snugly before I shut the door and waited as voices appeared.