Page 40

"Thing," he looked stunned as I walked out of the closet, "what? Is it bad? Enid assured me it was perfect..." He made a series of fast paced taps and a smile broke out on my face before it dropped and I walked across the room until I paused in the middle, my eyes hovering over the thick line of black tape that we no longer used for its original purpose. A huff left me as I crossed the line and made my way towards her closet. My intent was clear as the need to rush crawled up my spine until it withered down my arms and into my wrists.

I turned at the sound of more taps and watched him before taking a look at the dress on my form in Enid's puffy cloud mirror, "yes, you are quite right... I do look dreadful, father would be proud of the color choice," I peered over at Thing, another series of taps sounding against the table next to my chair, "of course she would, mother appreciates anything tight and constricting, she's like a boa." I turned and walked back to my side of the room, "no, if I were to say I was similar to anything I would choose a Poison dart frog, although just like their species I am no longer poisonous in captivity."

"Forgive me, I did not mean to be harsh with my words. Now, what is the camera for?" His taps had me sighing for a long moment, "only one though, chop chop or I'll be past the disappointingly late mark." I turned at an angle, crossing my arms behind my back and waited. A click and a snap, the light flashed and in return so did my eyes, the camera without a doubt catching them in a perfect soul sucking shot forever. And then another, I narrowed my eyes at his excuse, a slip of the finger, "fine, and if you do print them out, then save me some copies, but wait before you send them to mother and father, they'll be furious they couldn't help with the outfit choice."

"Alright, I guess I should make haste..." He watched me swallow and gave a few more taps, "I'm not nervous, I'm simply taking my time thinking. What if something goes wrong..." Pausing for a moment I relaxed before I nodded looking at him after his enlightening words, "right, never expect a dark and gloomy funeral, I might be disappointed when dolphins show up... Just like last time."

I took a deep unneeded breath before turning on my heels, the floor length dress maneuvering with me like a second skin as I left the dorm room and Thing, my sister never saying a word as she listened to her music, typing away. The door shut behind me and I almost snarled at what was to come. Turning again I seemingly floated down the hall until I hit the next turn and practically smacked into a Tyler Galpin. I was so...off, about the whole night that I hadn't even heard him walking or had even been able to smell him as he rounded the corner bumping into me.

"Shit, sorry, are you okay?" I looked up as the hand fell from my shoulder, "I'm fine..." My eyes trailed down his figure as a smirk popped up onto his face, "my sister?" He nodded as my eyes shot back up to his face, "yeah, you?" I tilted my head, "no, not my sister." His brows furrowed in confusion before he chuckled, "no I mean you're going to the dance too?" I grunted giving him a nod, "it would seem so... She's just down the corridor, last room, left side..." He grinned nodding before walking off, only to turn to say something and find me gone.

I had carried myself almost too gracefully down the stairs, and then the next set of stairs before finally making it to the first floor of the school with a huff. No idea where my 'date' would be as I took the last few steps down. Moving forward towards the center lounge, I stopped, pausing as I sighed deeply. To my right was the main entrance to the dance, to my left was my date, he had just appeared, walking into the lounging area with someone, a smile on his face as he noticed me. He bound over as I kept my gaze on the main entrance not yet noticing his presence, or hers...

"Morella?" My head swiveled and I swallowed at the sight of both brother and sister, the sirens who were both smiling at me in different ways, "Kent, Davina..."