Page 56

The sigh was clearly a sign of her remembering her past as she spoke to Wednesday, "this reminds me of when you got your first grave-digging kit. You were so happy, you nearly smiled."

"It seems as though you wish you were digging as well mother," she smiled when I looked back at her with a glance, "are you sure you don't want to join?" I frowned looking at the side of Wednesday's face as she stopped, leaving me to continue digging by myself, "uh... mm... No, that's okay, darling. I don't want to spoil your fun."

A raise of my brow had me replying, "of course not, you just had a manicure, isn't that right mother?"

"Oh, you noticed?" I nodded, hitting a dead end in the dirt as I looked up at my sister, throwing the shovel above ground level to rest at the side of Garret's head stone, "of course, I always pay attention to claws."

I knew she was smiling fondly and so I hadn't a need to turn to look at her reaction, "moment of truth." My sister pulled herself from the ground and dusted her hands against her jacket as I hovered over the side of the coffin, retching the nailed door off with a growl, "well, I didn't think a human would have his coffin nailed shut."

My mothers words received a nod as I looked down at the corpse, "they were hiding this," I reached in, snapping his fingers from his left hand, "you were right?" I gave a nod to the question before slamming the coffin closed as a throat was cleared behind us and a light shined down at me, "I usually am after all..."

"Well, well, what do we have here? Guess there's gonna be an Addams family reunion in lockup tonight. You're all under arrest." I frowned, pocketing the fingers well until they wouldn't be found in a pat down before turning around to face the woman, "deputy Santiago... What perfect timing."