Page 44

My eyes widened as her hand pulled from my body and the clasp was ripped apart by the force of her movement, the metal being sent to the floor and clanging against the tile as she stopped and turned to me. I was frozen as she picked it up, backing away from her as I looked around the room in panic, the feeling starting in my feet, the burning hot embers lighting up and etching into my blood like a fresh kindle starting a blaze. She stood as I turned back to her, her eyes stuck on the metal before her own eyes widened and she looked up at me in shock, caution and fear overcoming the emotion in her eyes, "you need to leave, now."

She took a step forward but stopped at the glow of my eyes and the way my hands clenched at the bottom of my dress right at my thighs, "Morella?" I shook my head, my breathing escalating as the burn raised through my legs and began in my hands, the cracking skin popping up on my neck just like the lake incident as she backed up and yelled at everyone, "everyone out now!"

There was only so much I could do without the freezing magic locking everything up. I watched as she instructed the few left in the room, each of them familiar, Ajax, Xavier, Kent and Enid... The small group of those who had each came back to look around and find me or our principal.

Enid rushed forward from the side only for Ajax to pull her back and drag her to the doors as a strangled gasp tore from my throat and melded into a whimper as I turned away from the door only to slip onto a knee, crashing into the floor where my hands shot out to hold my body up and off of the blood red paint. My entire body began to crack with a searing light as the group reached the entrance, the display of lights torn down in the previous chaotic fleeing. Kent and Xavier had been forced to help drag Enid from the room, her strength too much for the gorgon to handle on his own. Her pleas to help me were lost to their ears for simple safety at the sight and sound of my body breaking apart in such a way. Paired with the actions of our principal, each of them were simply terrified and confused at what was happening as they dragged the she-wolf through the double doors.

Each of them caught sight of me leaning on my hands as I looked up, my hair covering my face for only a second before letting them see the way my eyes glowed harshly. The sound of popping like dislocated bones reaching their ears as Weems unlatched the door stoppers to close me in. My ear piercing scream followed quickly, turning into a shriek as I reached a hand up to claw at my neck and the other at the top of shoulder blade as I sat there on the side of my leg, a sound one could only describe as absolute horror and pain leaving my throat while accompanied by the sound of more bones popping. And just as she got the doors to slowly close, through the small opening that was barely a slip of space they could hear the next scream accompanied by the tearing of cloth and flesh. Only Weems seeing the last bit of me as I combusted causing her to slam the doors shut and brace against them in preparation.

Flames barreled into the large thick doors shaking them, instantly causing her to latch it and leave it locked before she backed away shakily. There were no more screams coming from me, or none that they could hear over the raging fire on the other side. But the silence between them was louder than even my fire...

"Mister Petropolis," They watched as Weems turned to the small group of four, "I need you to find Mr. Kinnings and bring him here, you two, find me fire extinguishers and a blanket," her orders barked out quickly but not with a tone of anger but fear and relief, eyes watching as each of the boys left in a rush with mild confusion before she landed on Enid who was panicking and whimpering like a lost cub as Weems stood in front of the doors blocking her from going inside as the flames licked underneath the door, "where is Wednesday Addams?"