Page 30

"All students will report for their volunteer jobs at 10:00 a.m. sharp, followed by a community lunch at 1:00. As you know, this year Outreach Day culminates in a very special event, the dedication of a new memorial statue in the town square, which will also include performances by Nevermore students."

All I could hear besides the announcement was the sound of Enid's excited giggling, "as representatives of our school, I trust you will all put your best face forward." My brow raised at the comment, not truly thought out by the seams of its wording and it was slightly offending I'm sure, if not completely that is. I shifted as a little purple envelope was waved before my face, with firm steady hands I snatched it down with a grumpy face, "yes! Yes! I got Pilgrim World. I have natural people skills and a love of performing, so it's kind of the obvi choice. What'd you get?" I barely looked away from Miss Thornehill's retreating figure when Wednesday answered, "Weathervane," Enid only nodded awkwardly with a smile placed upon her face, it was as if she didn't expect it to be such a normal assignment, "and you?" she whipped around to me quicker than I thought she would have to be honest, "what did you get?" I answered her chipper tone slightly morbidly, "Uriah's Heap, the oddity shop."

"Ew," although Enid and I knew what the place was and what exactly was for sale inside, my sister did not, "an oddity shop?" I nodded as Enid explained in her own words, "it's this weird, creepy antique store. You guys will love it though." I frowned, "I most certainly won't, it's not antique at all just junk from the side of the road all stacked onto fine china curio cabinets, including stuffed roadkill... if there were hearts in jars I would be interested however," Wednesday hummed, agreeing thoughtfully with my words, Enid though, she smiled at me awkwardly, "good to know, I'll keep that in mind for a gift or something..."

Suddenly she flipped from freaked out to excited and hopeful, "I'm crossing my claws Ajax and I will be outreaching together." My eyes teetered over to the gorgon who looked up, peering with a smile towards the blonde wolf. Xavier looked up as well but immediately looked away, scorned. I gave a hum of disinterest while feeling the opposite before turning back to the girls, "you should seduce him."

Enid's response was to choke and my brows raised with slight concern, "are you okay? You shouldn't breathe when you swallow your saliva." She looked at me with complete utter shock, "I, I don't even know what to say, why would I seduce him? How is that your only idea?" I huffed, "on the contrary there are many ideas for seduction Enid, you should say whatever you think would work well as well, you do know him better than I of course so I can't give you a script after all." Wednesday nodded, agreeing once again and Enid looked between us just utterly lost, "I also think you should."

"I can't, with you two."

"Oh Wednesday, don't worry about your cello. I'll have it brought to the town square this afternoon." Enid grabbed me at the entrance of the principal and walked me towards the loading buses leaving my sister behind to talk.