Anger

Daría

After the day at the beach, Ryden and his cousins taught me self-defense. Odin hung a punching bag in the garage to practice on. Odin, Jordin, Liam, and Casper showed me how to throw a punch without breaking my hand. Kyler taught me how to get out of someone's hold. In contrast, Roman and Ryden taught me how to take someone down.

"It surprises me that you need to learn how to fight since you and I went a few rounds," Rachel told me.

"I can fight but not very accurately." I shrugged.

"No kidding."

I gave Rachel an annoyed look.

Sofie tapped the punching bag a few times until she wailed on it. We stopped and watched her go to town on this bag. Then curse words flew out her mouth like an old person loses their filter.

"Damn, Odin. Does your girl talk like that in bed?" Jordin asked.

Odin rolled his eyes. "No, Sofie has some pent-up anger."

"Anger? Oh, no, no, no. This girl has pent-up rage," Kyler said.

Sofie pounded on the bag and screamed in frustration.

"Sofie usually seems so docile," Mercedes said.

"Who cares?" Sam asked.

We looked at Sam.

"I understand Sofie's pain with having assholes as parents." Sam smirked.

Odin wrapped his arms around Sofie, lifted her from the floor, and moved her away from the bag.

"Odin!" Sofie exclaimed.

Odin set Sofie down and released her. "Don't worry. You can punch on the bag later."

"Fine. But I will be picturing my good for nothing parents' faces on that bag."

"Whatever you want, baby."

"Go on, Daría. It's your turn," Kyler said.

I looked at everyone, took a deep breath, and got into a fighting stance in front of the bag. I started with a few hits, with the bag moving slightly.

Ryden stepped behind the bag and held it. "Daría, imagine this bag are the people that hurt you. Start with your first foster family."

I nodded and hit the bag harder.

"Now move to the next faces. Listen to the vile words they told you."

I clenched my jaw and hit the bag even harder.

"Remember how they touched you."

My anger was building with every face, taunt, and touch. I slammed my fist into the bag repeatedly.

"Now, think about Andre and what he did."

I kept pounding on the bag, but my anger didn't erupt. Something was holding me back. A rage that I had long buried was coming to the surface.

"Your mom."

When Ryden mentioned my mom, my rage erupted like a volcano, and I laid into the bag. "I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! You took me away! You sent me to those monsters! You let them hurt me! I hate you!"

Most people love their moms, but mine sent me into a life of hell. All the anger and rage I had suppressed came to the surface and exploded. The one person who should protect me didn't. Because she left, I endured hell.

******
Ryden

Daría needed to release her anger. It had been festering way too long and would consume her. I know. I've been there.