Breakfast

Ryden

Do you know there are times you should reject a phone call? Yeah, I didn't get the memo because my brother is a certifiable idiot.

My phone rang incessantly, waking Daría. "Ryden, your phone's ringing."

"Mmmm."

Daría shook me. "Ryden, your phone's ringing."

"So, answer it."

Someone needs to answer the damn phone so that I can sleep.

Daría answered it. "Hello? Uh, well, he's sleeping right now. Um, sure. I'll tell him."

Daría put my phone down and pushed my face into the pillow.

I popped up. "What the fuck? Are you trying to smother me in my sleep?"

"If I wanted to smother you, I would drug you, then press a pillow over your face."

I flipped onto my back and rubbed my eyes. "Do I want to know where you learned that technique?"

"Netflix has a lot of crime shows."

"You need to stop watching Netflix."

Daría shrugged.

"Who was on the phone?"

"Your grandpa. He invited us to dinner today."

I arched my brow. "Why?"

"He didn't say."

Grandpa never invites us to dinner unless we do something stupid. I threw the covers off of me, hopped out of bed, and whipped open Roman's door.

He and Sam fell out of bed. "What the fuck, Ryden?" Roman grabbed a sheet to cover himself while Sam hid on the other side of the bed.

I crept toward Roman with my hand out. "What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything." Roman shrugged.

"Oh, really? Then why did Grandpa call and invite us to dinner." I crossed my arms across my chest.

"Sam and I might have worked out our differences in the garage."

I looked at Roman like an idiot because he was. "Grandpa Matt installed cameras to prevent theft, not to see your lily white ass."

"When in Rome."

"You're an idiot." I turned on my heel, returned to my bedroom, and plopped into bed in a huff.

Daría climbed on me and straddled me.

"Usually, I would push people off of me. But I'll make an exception for you."

"I'm your personal snow globe." Daría shrugged.

"Eh, I'll take it."

"What did your brother do?"

"Had sex with Sam in her car at the garage."

"Your brother is an idiot, isn't he?"

"Yep." I nodded my head.

"You don't need to worry about me jumping you at the restaurant."

"I prefer if you didn't. My kitchen is sacred to me. Plus, we're moving at your pace."

"Does it bother you that we're moving like snails?"

"Not really." I pushed myself into a seated position and rested my hands on Daria's thighs. "I won't force you to do anything you don't want."