Meeting the brothers

Daría

After speaking to Jayden, Ryden persuaded me to talk to him again. I reluctantly agreed to his suggestion. He threatens to hide my snow globe. Jerk.

Thunder cracked and boomed. I jerked up in bed as Ryden slept next to me. How can he sleep through a storm?

A hand pulled me down with an arm wrapping around me. "Go to sleep, Thumbelina. You're safe."

I snuggled into Ryden and closed my eyes. It didn't matter because when I woke up, it was still raining outside. Damn it.

After getting up and getting dressed, I followed Ryden around the house. "Do we need to go to your aunt and uncle's house today?"

"Yeah, we do." Ryden stopped.

I ran into his back.

He turned to me. "Will you relax?"

"No, because we could get hit with a hurricane."

"Michigan doesn't get hurricanes."

"There's a first time for everything." I shrugged.

"Look, it'll be fine. We're heading over there later." Ryden walked over to the couch and sat down.

I put my hands in a circle and pretended to strangle Ryden. His idiot brother walked by and gave me a weird look. Doesn't he have an ex-flame to woo?

The thunder rumbled. I jumped over the couch and landed on Ryden.

"Daría!"

"What? I thought you enjoyed it when I touched you."

"You never touch me. I could beg, and you will never touch me."

I pressed my finger to his head. "I touched you."

"Oh, haha." Ryden flipped us around and pinned me to the couch.

"Why must you act like a dominant male? Me, Tarzan. You, Jane."

"It's better than you crash-landing on me." Ryden shrugged.

Roman walked by us. "Will you get a room?"

Ryden climbed off me and draped my legs over his lap. "Don't you have a mistake to correct?"

"I'm working on it." Roman's door closed.

"You're brother is quite moody. Does he need some chocolate?"

"No, he needs to get laid."

I giggled.

******
Eventually, we left to head to Ryden's aunt and uncle's house, even though I tried to find ways not to go. Ryden wouldn't take no for an answer. Why me?

We arrived after much arguing, and Ryden dragged me into the house. His family stopped and watched us.

"Why do you need to make things so damn difficult?" Ryden asked me.

"Why should anything be easy for you?"

"I could have carried you into the house."

"And I could have kicked you in the balls." I shrugged.

Someone cleared their throat. We turned to see Ryden's family staring at us.

"Issues?" An older guy asked.

Ryden gave me a sideways glance. "No, Grandpa Matt. Daría is just stubborn."

I looked at Ryden. "I'm not stubborn. You're just deaf."

"Interesting," another guy with a weird voice said.

I turned my head to the guy.

"I am deaf."