Betsy

Sam

We worked countless hours on Betsy to get her purring. She sounded like she did after we fixed her up the first time. I couldn't believe it as my excitement showed.

Roman turned off the car. "Betsy sounds like a brand new car."

"I can't believe we gave her an extra lease on life."

Roman smiled.

"What?"

"It's good to see you excited again. It reminded me of when we first dated."

I wrapped my arms around Roman's neck. "It helps when you have someone who doesn't give up on your dream."

"Sometimes your dreams become a reality."

I gazed at Roman and pressed my lips to his. All it took was Betsy to reunite us. Yeah, I was never parting with her.

*******
Odin

After seeing Ricardo again, I talked to Sofie. She sat on the bed with her jaw hung open.

"Will you say something instead of staring at me like I shot your imaginary dog?"

Sofie closed her eyes and arched her brow.

"No, we didn't get an imaginary dog." I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't say we did. Who the hell believes that crap?"

"It would amaze you."

"Get back to the matter at hand. Why is Ricardo working for you?"

"He's not. Ricardo is working for my dad and Elias. Since my cousins return to school in August, it will leave us short-handed."

"But you're remodeling houses."

"It doesn't matter. We still need the help."

"I've realized that I know nothing about my life."

I raised my brow.

"My family's ex-driver is working construction now. My stupid mother reappeared after abandoning the ship. Daría is playing nice with Ryden."

"How does Daria's relationship with my cousin fit into your crazy life?"

"The universe flipped upside down."

"Your logic escapes me."

"Odin, the Feds busted my dad for drug trafficking. I'm learning that nothing surprises me anymore."

I took a seat next to Sofie on the bed. "It's not all bad. I got to meet you."

"Aww, you're sweet and delusional."

"And you ruined the moment."

"My life is chaotic with my friends coming along for the ride. Oh, look, it's Sofie. Let's join her in the insanity called her life. Who wants my life? Not me."

My phone rang while Sofie ranted about her life. I answered it. "Hello?"

Elias called me.

"Yeah?"

He fired Marty.

"What? Why?"

Something about some tool causing issues for Marty's girl.

"Oh, you mean the girl Marty claimed is his best friend but is complete bullshit. That girl?"

My dad chuckled. Everyone sees it except Marty.

"Marty was always slow on the uptake."

I'm having Ricardo start Monday. It will allow him to get familiar with what we're doing since Val is still home.