Party crashers

Roman

After devising a plan with Jordin and Mercedes, I got ready for this stupid party that Sam's mother was throwing.

Ryden walked into the bedroom and noticed me tucking a dress shirt into black slacks. "Who's funeral are you attending?"

"Sam's mother is having a party."

Ryden arched his brow and crossed his arms. "And you're attending. Why?"

"To piss off Sam's bitch of a mother." I smirked and dropped on my suit coat.

Ryden gave me a knowing look.

Jordin poked his head into the bedroom. "Ready?"

I nodded, grabbed my wallet and keys from the dresser, and walked out of the bedroom. Odin and Kyler noticed Jordin and me dressed in suits with white shirts with the top button open and no ties.

"Who's funeral are you attending?" Kyler asked.

"Sam's mother's," I said.

Odin and Kyler glanced at each other with their brows arched.

Kyler let out a low whistle. "Good luck, Sam's mom."

Jordin and I left the house, walked to the car, and climbed inside. I turned the key, and the engine roared to life. I backed out and drove to Mercedes's place to pick up her and Sam.

Once we arrived, Jordin knocked on the door. Mercedes opened it, dressed in a black cocktail dress. Sam appeared in a little black dress. I stepped toward her, wrapped my arm around her waist, and pressed her body to mine.

"Do you mind?" Sam asked.

"Not at all." I smirked.

Sam rolled her eyes as Jordin and Mercedes snickered.

"Let's go before Roman skips dinner and heads straight to dessert," Jordin said.

I pecked Sam's lips, slipped my hand into hers, and led her from the apartment. Jordin and Mercedes trailed us as we headed to the car. Jordin switched to the backseat with Mercedes while Sam sat with me.

Sam turned to me. "Where did you get this car?"

"I had it in storage. Why?"

"How come I didn't know you owned a Dodge Charger?"

"You didn't ask." I shrugged.

Sam stared at me in surprise. I don't know why this should surprise her. I work on cars and own a few. I bring out the special vehicles when it's needed. Other than that, I drive an SUV because of the weather.

I drove to Sam's parents' house, pulled into a circular driveway, and parked. We climbed out and closed the doors. I walked around the car, glanced at the others, and walked toward the front door. Sam opened the door. We entered the house with people mingling. A server walked by with a tray of flutes filled with champagne. Jordin snatched a glass and down the contents.

"What are you doing?" Mercedes asked.

"I need something to deal with this pretentious bullshit." Jordin gestured with his finger.

Mercedes rolled her eyes. Jordin set the glass down on a table.

Sam's mother spotted us, and her lips turned downward. Yep, still a bitch, I see. She marched towards us until she stood before us and crossed her arms. "Samantha, why did you bring ragamuffins to my home?"

"Excuse you? I would watch your tone, lady. I wouldn't want to make a spectacle at your pretentious bullshit," Jordin said.

Sam's mom glared at Jordin.