You're a nut

Daría

I burrowed under the covers while Ryden snoozed next to me when something heavy landed on me. "Get off me, you big galoot!" I kicked the person like a mule.

"Oomph! Daría!" Sofie exclaimed.

I whipped the blanket down to my neck and glared at Sofie.

"Why are you covering yourself like a burlap sack?"

"Because I'm naked, you fool."

Sofie's eyes widened as she glanced between Ryden and me. Then she scrambled from the bed and fell onto the floor with a thud.

Ryden bolted up, and his head jerked around. "What the fuck?"

Sofie sat up and looked at Ryden.

Ryden narrowed his eyes to a slit. "What the hell are you doing in my room?"

Sofie slowly rose to her feet. "I came to wake Daría up. I didn't realize you weren't wearing any clothes."

"For crying out loud! Odin!"

Odin opened the door, noticed the scenes, and walked toward Sofie. He didn't say anything except to pick up Sofie, carry her out of the room, and close the door.

Ryden leaned over the side of the bed, grabbed his boxer briefs from the floor, and put them on. "I swear I will hurt Sofie."

"Wouldn't Odin hurt you if you touch Sofie?"

"I don't give a shit. Odin needs to leash his girl or put a shock collar on her."

"Sofie doesn't mean any harm. It's not like she grew up in a house with people."

Ryden glanced at me with an arched brow. "You have a soft spot for Sofie, don't you?"

"I know what it's like not to have people care about you. So, I get it." I shrugged.

"You realize you have people who care about you now, don't you?"

"Yeah, sure. But it takes time to undo the damage others had caused." I held the blanket around me while grabbing clothes from the floor and getting dressed.

"Are you okay with what happened last night?"

I finished getting dressed and looked at Ryden. "Of course. It's not like you forced me or anything. You even made sure I was okay. Why?"

"I don't want you to have regrets about last night."

"Why would I have regrets?"

Ryden looked at me but didn't say anything.

"Do you understand how you made me feel last night? You cherished me. It was the first time I ever felt genuine love from someone and didn't hate my body."

Ryden pulled me into his lap and wrapped his arms around my waist. "You should never hate your body. It's so beautiful, just like you."

I placed my hands on Ryden's face and gazed into his eyes. Two damaged people found their way to each other. We suffered at the hands of others to understand why we needed each other.

If I learned anything from Ryden is that he meant everything he said. Honesty was a rare commodity among people. But Ryden possessed it ten-folds.

I pressed my lips to Ryden's as he returned the kiss.

******
Sofie

I stood in the kitchen next to the counter and drank some coffee while Odin lectured me on privacy.

"Do you have anything to say for yourself?" Odin asked me.

"You make me sound like I barged in like gangbusters. I wasn't expecting Daría and Ryden to be naked."