The cabin

Odin

Everyone got up early so we could hit the road, except Sofie. I had to drag her ass out of bed.

"Odin! I want to sleep!" Sofie yelled.

"Too bad, lazy." I carried Sofie to the bathroom and saw Kyler. "Turn on the shower."

Kyler walked into the bathroom and flipped on the shower. I placed Sofie inside.

"Odin!" Sofie threw up her arms as the water sprayed on her.

"I warned you. You didn't listen." I shrugged.

Sofie lowered her hands and glared at me with drenched clothes.

"We're losing daylight."

Jordin popped his head into the bathroom. "What daylight? It's still fucking dark outside because it's four in the morning."

I looked at Jordin. "Will you get out?"

"Just saying." Jordin shrugged.

I shook my head and pointed past the doorway. "Go."

Jordin retreated while Sofie turned off the shower. She stripped off her clothes and dropped them on the floor with a plop. I handed her a towel to dry off. She snatched it from me and stuck out her tongue at me. Yeah, my girl wasn't a morning person.

While Sofie dried off and got dressed, we loaded the bags into two cars. Sofie, Kyler, Rachel, Ryden, and Daría were riding with me while Roman, Sam, Jordin, and Mercedes were taking the other car.

We were spending two nights at the cabin. Our families knew where we were heading but no one else. We didn't want to risk Andre finding out.

After Sofie got dressed, we climbed into the cars and headed to the cabin.

******
Daría

I sat in between Ryden and Rachel while Sofie got stuck in the middle of Kyler and Odin. I started humming in the back seat. Ryden glanced at me and started humming along with me. Rachel noticed what we were humming and started singing.

It didn't take long until everyone joined in and started singing Stuck in the Middle with You. We sang as Odin drove.

Kyler busted out with, "Pleaseeee."

We all grinned, sang, and bobbed our heads. The car rolled along the asphalt as we sang the song. It made the drive less monotonous.

We spent most of the car ride singing different songs to keep the boredom at bay. After three hours, we arrived at the cabin. We climbed out of the cars, grabbed our bags, and headed inside.

Sofie and Odin took the loft. Kyler and Rachel took the pullout couch in the living room area. The rest of us took a bedroom.

I dropped my bag on the bed and looked around the room. "This place is a lot nicer than I expected."

"What did you expect?" Ryden asked.

"Most people don't keep up cabins."

"Grandpa Matt, Uncle Elias, and Owen updated the cabin throughout the years. They added the loft for more space."

"So, what's there to do around here?"

"We can go hiking, swimming, or sitting around a bonfire. It's more of a place to relax and escape the everyday grind."

"I can see why. There's no one here for miles."

"Not if you include bears."

I arched my brow. "Did you say bears?"