A message

Odin

After Jordin sent those screenshots to Grandpa, our grandpa told us he would take care of it. The following day, I was brewing a pot of coffee when I heard a knock on the door. I answered it to a cousin on my grandpa's side standing there.

"Hey, Odin. Long time no see," Luca said.

"Hey, Luca."

"Sorry for the interruption of your getaway. JJ mentioned you needed help."

"Come on in." I stepped aside.

Luca Jones entered the cabin dressed in jeans and a polo shirt. Rarely did we see our cousins dressed in casual clothing. Most of the time wore suits. I heard stories about Uncle Mason.

"How's your nana doing?" He asked me.

"Nana is doing well."

"Skylar was a good kid when we were growing up. I'm glad she met a nice boy and settled down."

"Grandpa JJ enjoys giving Grandpa Mason a hard time."

"That doesn't surprise me. JJ's father, Jordan, gave most people a hard time."

"You're not here for a social visit, are you?"

Luca's lips twisted into a smile. "You were always a precocious kid. It doesn't surprise me since cousins Elena and Ryan had high IQs. Someone sent me to deliver a message."

"What's the message?"

"Don't act in haste and stay out of the family business. Odin, the less you and your cousins know, the better. It will keep you safe."

"What about the text messages that my girl received?"

"You won't need to worry about the person following through with their threats. Like I said, enjoy your little getaway. And I was never here."

I didn't say anything but nodded. Luca Jones didn't come here to threaten us. He came to warn us. Grandpa JJ kept us away from what that side of the family got involved with. It kept us safe.

Luca left a few minutes later. I shook my head and poured coffee into a mug.

******
Kyler

I got up from the pullout couch, used the bathroom, and grabbed a coffee while Rachel slept. "It's nice to know we get early morning visitors."

"How much did you hear?" Odin sipped his coffee.

"Enough to listen to what your cousin said." I took a sip of my coffee.

"We need to keep this quiet."

"Why do I feel it won't stay that way?"

"Because it won't. Not when other family members get involved."

"I hate to say it, but it's a good idea that Daría and Sam are leaving. If anything happens to them, the twins will lose their shit. They have Nate's temper."

Odin nodded in agreement.

*******
Brady

I checked my appearance in the mirror, making myself presentable for this job interview. I spent enough time learning the tricks of the restaurant business to grasp the job.

After fixing my collar and checking my hair, I left my apartment and headed to the Gray Brothers' Eatery. I arrived on time, entered the restaurant, and spotted a guy in a chef's outfit. Perfect.

I strolled towards the guy with a folder in my hand and approached him. "Excuse me."

The guy turned around and looked at me.