It's not goodbye

Daría

After spending a few days at the cabin, we returned home. When we arrived, Morgan and another guy were waiting for us. We got out of the car and looked at them.

Morgan and the guy approached us.

"Morgan, can't we wait a bit before you take Daría and Sam?" Odin asked.

"I wish we could. But we already risked not taking them when we should have," Morgan said.

Ryden wrapped his arms around me. I gripped him, wanting to stay.

"Then, can you give Ryden and Roman a few minutes to say goodbye?" Jordin asked.

"Yeah." Morgan nodded.

Everyone stepped away to give us some space.

Ryden turned me to him. I gripped his shirt and looked at him.

"It's not goodbye. Do you hear me?" Ryden asked me.

I nodded as tears dripped down my cheeks.

Ryden cupped my face. "I love you, Thumbelina. You're my heart. Promise me that you will return to me."

I nodded. "I promise. I love you, Ry."

Ryden pressed his lips to mine. I didn't hesitate to kiss him back.

He pulled back from the kiss and looked at me. "I'll be right back. Don't leave yet." He turned on his heel and ran into the house.

I closed my eyes as tears spilled.

*******
Ryden

I bolted to the bedroom, grabbed the snow globe from the dresser, and ran outside. When I reached Daría, I cradled her cheek. She opened her eyes.

I held her snow globe up to her. "I want you to take this with you. When you're missing me, you shake it. Will you do that for me?"

Daría nodded, took the snow globe from me, and held it against her chest. "This gift has always been my favorite."

"When you return, I will fill a room with them."

Daria's bottom lip quivered as she pressed her lips to mine. With one last kiss, she turned and walked toward Morgan. Morgan led her to the car as tears fell down my cheeks.

******
Roman

I cupped Sam's face and looked into her eyes as tears fell. "I love you. I have always loved you."

"It doesn't feel right to leave."

"No, it doesn't. But it's not goodbye. Do you hear me?"

Sam nodded her head feverishly.

"Promise me you will come home."

"I promise."

I crashed my lips against Sam's. I poured everything into that kiss because it would need to last a while.

"Roman, we need to go," Oliver said.

I released Sam as Oliver led her to the car. I placed my hands on the top of my head and tried to keep my heart from shattering. I couldn't breathe because my heart was leaving.

I waited until the car pulled away and drove out of sight before dropping to the ground and screaming. How do you live without your heart? 

******
Nate

"Nate!"

I glanced up from a car. "Yeah?"

My dad looked at me with furrowed brows. I stopped working, left the shop, and drove to Odin's house. I called Gabe on my way there.