Back to business

Ryden

A few days later, I returned to work to keep myself busy. What fuck all else was there to do?

When I arrived at the restaurant, Dad introduced me to a new employee.

"Ryden, meet Brody, our new server," my dad said.

I looked the guy up and down. "Stay out of my kitchen."

Brody's brows lifted in surprise.

"Excuse my boy. Wolves raised him," my dad said.

"Wolves didn't raise me." I rolled my eyes. "My kitchen is sacred to me."

"Excuse me. That's our kitchen. We share, remember?"

"You keep telling yourself that." I rolled my eyes and walked into the kitchen.

"Excuse my son. He gets a bit possessive over MY kitchen!" My dad yelled at the kitchen opening.

"MY kitchen!" I yelled back.

A guy carried a tub of dishes into the kitchen and dumped them into the sink. Dishes crashed and broke. Christ!

I whipped around. "What the hell?"

"What?" The guy stared at me.

I walked over to the guy. "You can't be this stupid."

"I beg your pardon."

"No, get your shit together and stay out of my kitchen. Dad! Where the hell did you find this dipshit?"

My dad walked into the kitchen to referee the new guy and me. I swear to God I will hurt someone. It might be the new guy if he keeps up his shit.

*****
Roman

I returned to work and worked on cars. Betsy stayed parked in a spot with a covered over her. After work, I stayed behind, uncovered Betsy, and worked on her.

"Well, it looks like it's you and me, girl." I climbed into Betsy and moved her to an empty spot. Then I hoisted her on jacks to work on her undercarriage.

While I was working, Nate approached the car. "Do you need any help?"

I looked at Nate. Nate offered me a small smile.

"Yeah, sure."

"Betsy isn't in bad shape. Sam took excellent care of her."

"Betsy was her first car. It means everything to Sam."

Nate nodded. "Let's get to work."

I handed Nate a tool. We worked on Betsy since Sam couldn't. In a way, it bonded Nate and me. It helped.

******
Odin

Jordin and I returned to the renovations. Elias, Tori, and my folks headed to the school to take the girls, Liam, and Casper, to school. Dad left me in charge while they were away. Great.

Sofie started her college courses and attended with Rachel and Gabby. It helped with missing Daría.

I didn't see much of Frick and Frack since Sam and Daría had left. They threw themselves into work, so they didn't think about the girls. It didn't matter. We saw how much they missed the girls.

Jordin returned home since his room was available again. Plus, it kept things somewhat normal, if that was even possible. Time will tell.

*******
Ryden

You would think things would calm down after what happened. Nope, they didn't. Our dads told us about some schmuck insulting Aunt Tori. That was a wrong move on his part.