Chapter 21

Closer and closer we are to the end
___________________________________________________

"WHAT THE FUCK!! HOW COULD I MESS UP THIS BAD!?" Denji mentally yelled while Makima and him were infront of Makima's place, "Well, we're here." Makima said, getting her keys, "Oh, are you okay with dogs?" Makima asked him, "Yeah, I like them." Denji said, waiting for them to pounce him, "Well then, welcome." Makima would open the door to reveal the several dogs that she had in her small apartment, "Woah, There!" Denji said while bing licked by the crazy amount of dogs. "Someone else came to visit, isn't that cool?" Makima would shower them with pets, "Anyways, would you like anything to drink?" Makima asked him, "Uh, well, coffee would be nice." Denji said, "Let's hope she doesn't poison it." Death said, "That's not what I'm worried about." Denji turned to look at the door while breaking into a small sweat.

"Here's your coffee Denji." Makima would give him his cup of coffee while drinking her own tea, "Seems like Cream Puff is enjoying the belly rub." Makima saw how Denji would rub Cream Puff's belly, "Yeah, it seems like it." Denji would answer, "A-Anyway, um, why did you bring me here?" Denji asked her, "The reason.....is because I need more advice." Makima said, "On what?" Denji asked, "On how to......make up with people." Makima told him, "Is this because of your family?" Denji asked her, "Yes, ever since you told me about making up, I've started to think on how to do that. Sadly, I couldn't come up with a solution." Makima said, "Why? I mean, anybody could come up with something to get forgiveness, so why can't you?" Denji was confused. "Probably because she wasn't taught how to forgive." Death said, "Because I was never taught how to forgive. Love is also a subject I lack knowledge in." Makima admitted to him.

"How come you don't know how to forgive?" Denji said, "Well, our "parents" weren't exactly the type to teach us about things they deemed unnecessary." Makima said, "Our parents? Since when did we have parents?" Death said, not remembering a time they had any parental figures, "Probably just a metaphor, or some shit like that." Denji told him, "So we were never taught how to do those simple things." Makima said, "Well, from what I'm getting, you want me to teach you how to love and forgive?" Denji wanted to be sure if he wasn't hearing things. "Yup, that's the gist of it." Makima comfirmed. "Well, I can try, but why me?" Denji asked, trying his best to avoid the responsiblity, "Because you got Himeno and Aki together. That's why I chose you to help me." Makima gave her reason.

"Shit! She's right!" Denji said in his head, "Well, you did do a good job on that operation." Death said, "Ok then, I'll help you out." Denji would agree to help Makima on her conquest of forgiveness. Then someone would knock at the front door. "OH NO!!" Denji yelled in his head while the memories came back to him like a truck. "Oh, seems like some unexpected guests arrived." Makima would get up and pass through the wave of dogs that were entrapped in the small apartment. Once she got to the door she would grab the doorknob, "WAIT! I-I'll do it!" Denji shouted to her, "If you really want to, sure." Makima said, letting go of the doorknob to let Denji open the door. "Why are you so afraid?" Death asked the scared boy, "T-This is where i-it all goes down h-hill. This i-is where P-Power dies, at l-least in my f-first life." Denji was nervous to the point he was sweating bullets, he felt as if he was seeing two doors instead of one.

He would then grab the doorknob, twisting it to open the door, revealing Aki, Power, Himeno, and Kobeni, "Uh, h-hey guys, w-why are you here?" Denji asked them, "Cause tomorrow's your birthday!" Power said, holding a cake that had his name written on it. Though the thing about it is that his name was spelt as "Denhi" instead of Denji. "Why is m-my name spelt wrong?" Denji asked them, "Well, the groceries that Aki told you to pick up were actually stuff to bake a cake, and Makima asked you to come to her place, which wasn't part of our plan. So we decided to take advantage of it, and baked in secret to surprise you." Himeno said, "But this one decided it was a good idea to put the oven to 1000°! Which burnt the cake!" Aki would look at Power, causing her to make a nervous smile, "But that doesn't explain why my name is spelt wrong." Denji said, "We're getting there." Himeno said, "W-Well, we decided to buy a cake from a bakery nearby, and told them to put your name on it. Though they spelt it wrong, and there wasn't a lot of daylight left, so we just decided to go ahead and arrive here." Kobeni explained the rest.