Chapter 9

"How, how many times did I die?" Denji asked, lying on the the grass, "I think about 20 times." Power said, lying next to Denji, staring at the night sky full of stars. "Well, I'm going, tomorrow morning we'll start again." Kishibe said, walking away from the two. "Even with all these contracts, I still couldn't beat him." Denji said to himself, "If I can't beat him, then how'll I beat Makima?" Denji said in his head. "C'mon Denji let's go home." Power said, standing up after the rigerous training, "Nah, you go on ahead, I'm just gonna look at the stars for a bit." Denji said, gazing at the stars while lying down, "Ok, I want to keep reading Saw Guy, soooo bye!" Power said, waving at him while walking away.

Denji would just stay lying on the grassy graveyard, staring at the stars, thinking, "Pochita, when you were fighting the 4 Horsemen and the Weapon Devils, did you feel angry not beating them?" Denji asked, holding the rip cord, "Cause right now I'm pretty pissed for not getting to hit him at least once." Denji said, in frustration with no one answering, "Just what I thought, no answer." Denji said with a sigh, "Just wonder if the beatings I take are actually worth it at the end." Denji said, looking at the glistening stars. "I remember watching the stars when we were together just trying to survive. They would always make me wanna sleep, never having to stress about my problems while I slept too. I heard that sleep fixes all problems too." He said with a yawn. "I'll see if that's true." He said, sleeping in the quiet graveyard, with a calm breeze of wind blowing on his body every once in awhile, leading his tired body to rest.

In his dream

"When I earn you, correct?" A voice said to Denji, who was lying down with his eyes closed, "Huh? Who said that?" Denji said, getting up from the grassy field. Denji would turn around in the direction of the voice, "Me, boy." The being said "Where? I don't see you anywhere. Only thing I see is grass and a tall white tower." Denji said, turning his head left to right, "Look up." It said, with Denji compling, and looked up to see a face. A face that was much more dangerous than the Darkness Devil. This devil was tall, possibly bigger than the Twin Towers, This devil was the Death Devil.

 This devil was tall, possibly bigger than the Twin Towers, This devil was the Death Devil

"WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKK!!!!" Denji yelled in horror, "Calm down. I just wish for you to answer the question I have asked." The devil said in a calm demeanor, "S-So you w-won't kill me?" Denji asked it, "Yes, exactly that child. I do not kill unless I need to, unlike the others who kill for sport. Now for my question if you wouldn't mind." It said, this surprised Denji since many people depicted the Death Devil as a cruel and evil being, but seems to be the exact opposite of that. "What w-was the q-question again?" Denji asked with a nervous tone, seeing the giant personifed being of death, "Ah, very well, the question is, how will I earn you? The devil asked, "How w-will you e-earn m-me?" Denji said, making sure, "Yes, that's what I said didn't I? Oh well, it doesn't matter." Devil started talking to himself, "The w-way y-you'll earn me, uh, well, t-that whole thing w-was just t-to s-sound cool." Denji said, with his heart beating faster, worried about what it'll say next.