Twelve: Flowers

"You've got flowers," Aunt Soohyun sang, dancing into my room carrying a bouquet of red roses in her arms like a baby

"You've got flowers," Aunt Soohyun sang, dancing into my room carrying a bouquet of red roses in her arms like a baby. She was all dressed up, ready to drive us both to school as she officially resumed as the new English Teacher.

I wouldn't say I was overly excited about that but it was what it was. She had concluded on her decision to remain in Korea and was now looking for her own place which mum was strongly against.

"You could just live with us," Mum had told her.

Instead, she had scoffed. "And hide my one-night stands where?" I didn't think I was supposed to have heard. I wished I hadn't heard, because the last thing I wanted roaming my freaking unforgetful brain was the image of my Godmother getting rammed.

I abandoned the books I was shoving into my backpack and walked halfway to meet her, where she neatly deposited the bouquet in my arms. I sniffed them, smiling deeply.

"Someone's got a Valentine's date," She teased, poking my side playfully. "Who are they from?"

I could guess who they were from but for the sake of knowing what sweet message accompanied this sweet bouquet, I pulled out the note stuck in the bouquet and opened it.

𝐼 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓎 𝒾𝓈 𝒶𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒾𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝒶𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓈𝑒 𝒻𝓁𝑜𝓌𝑒𝓇𝓈. 𝐻𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓎 𝓋𝒶𝓁𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑒'𝓈 𝒹𝒶𝓎.

— 𝐻𝑜𝓈𝑒𝑜𝓀.

My smile disappeared. Fuck. I stuck the note back into the bouquet and dropped it on my reading table, going back to packing my bag.

"Not someone you want them to be from?" Aunt Soohyun asked, eyes reading my expression.

"They're from a friend," I said, because really, that was all Hoseok was to me. A friend. And she was right, I'd been expecting them from someone else.

"A friend sending you flowers?" She asked, doubtfully. "Seems to me like this friend wants to be more than a friend. You don't send flowers to someone you're just friends with on Valentine's day."

No, Hoseok sent flowers to someone he wanted to be in a relationship with while he casually slept with another person. The ideal ambassador for the Hopeless Romantics club.

"Trust me, Aunt Soohyun, this one's just a friend."

She nodded, wriggling her brows teasingly at me. "Where can I find friends like this?" She commented before spinning on her toes and heading towards my door. "Hurry up. Don't want to be late for my first day!"

She seemed overly excited for someone about to teach a foreign language to a bunch of coconut heads. I really didn't wish I was her.

 I really didn't wish I was her