Thirty-Seven: The End

I tugged down a cotton sweater from the hanger in my closet, grabbing a pair of fitted faded blue jeans I was going to pair with a pair of white airforces

If it weren't for Namjoon. If Namjoon hadn't called me out, I didn't have the strength or will to socialize. I just wanted to lay on the couch all day and watch Alvin and The Chipmunks on Netflix.

I'd done enough socialising for one day. I had just returned from my father's place. My mother had wanted to pay his dad's wife and child a visit. She'd made food, and we'd eaten it there with Junho and my mother. It had felt good to see my dad's second wife and my mum interact like they were friends, putting aside their differences and just healing together.

It was weird, but it had felt good

Junho had helped take my mind off things. He'd taken me to his room and showed me his collection of Marvel action figures. He'd told me his favourite superhero was Hawkeye, which coincidentally was also mine.

Funnily, the kid also loved to read fantasy books like Harry Potter, Lord of The Rings, and the likes, just like I did. It was shocking how alike we both were, even having just met each other a few weeks ago.

I wanted to go back there again. Some other day, when I didn't have anything baring down on my shoulders. I would go back and get to know Junho more and let Jungho see the less depressed version of me.

I had left my mother there when I had gotten a text from Namjoon. Namjoon had gotten a job. It was the most amazing thing that I'd heard in a while. It was good news to hear and see Namjoon grow so much.

Honestly, the incident with Mr. Cho had changed him. He no longer frolicked with old men and even deleted all of his dating apps. He'd told me he wanted to be a better person and prove to his father he wasn't a fuck up like he thought.

And he was seeing through with his words. He'd been working at this company a week and even though he wouldn't tell me the name of the company, he seemed to really like it and that was all that mattered. I was really proud of him.

My phone vibrated with a notification on my bed. I swooped it, hoping Namjoon had cancelled the reason for calling me out.

Joonie: Where the hell are you?! It's been an hour. Get your fluffy, perfect behind down here!

Of course...

I let out a sigh, tossing my phone before heading to the bathroom to take a shower. I freshened up and grabbed my body lotion, smacking it all over my body before going in with my deodorant. The perfume that Jungkook had gotten me sat there on my hygiene shelf, untouched.

Swallowing hard, I reached for it, uncapping and bringing it to my face to smell it. My stomach buzzed with fondness. Memories flooded my head, making the ache in my heart hurt a little more.

I remembered the smile on Jungkook's face as he'd spritzed it onto my neck, the cold drops of the cologne sent shivers down my spine or maybe it wasn't the coldness, but the way Jungkook's body had pressed into mine. The hunger in his eyes as he'd nuzzled his nose against that spot, kissing it senseless, his hands digging into my backside.