Thirteen: See

Jungkook looked down at the beaded bracelet around his wrist

Jungkook looked down at the beaded bracelet around his wrist. It dug uncomfortably into his skin and if it were a regular accessory, he'd have taken it off and never put it back on. But it wasn't regular.

It had been a gift from Jin. Jin had nervously pulled the thing from his pocket and slipped it into Jungkook's left wrist. The cheap looking bracelet probably didn't cost more than 1000 won. But Jungkook looked at it like it was the most intriguing thing in the world. Like it was a priceless gem.

If Jungkook had been given a million dollars, a mansion on the beach and a Rolls-Royce Boat Tail, none of them would be worth what the bracelet meant to him. Not even half of it.

He hadn't exactly planned a day with Jin. He'd known he'd spend it with him but he hadn't imagined anything elaborate happening. But after he'd seen how disturbed Jin had been by the mysterious bouquets and even scarier note, he'd had to do something to distract him.

First, they'd gone to watch a movie in the cinema—the newest Avatar movie. Jungkook had been relieved to see Jin's glowing colour come back to his face, he'd loosened a little.

Then, they went to eat at a fancy restaurant—stirred fried Chinese rice, steaks and wine. Jin had complained the whole time about his uniform. He'd felt out of place, but that hadn't mattered to Jungkook. Jin looked good, nonetheless.

"You look good with anything on your body," he'd said, then said in a more sultry, teasing tone. "You look even better with nothing on your body." And that had sent colours flooding to his cheeks, he'd choked on his rice and entered a coughing fit.

He'd excused himself and rushed off to the bathroom. Seconds later, Jungkook chugged his wine and followed, making sure they were the only ones there before locking the bathroom.

Jin had protested. It wasn't right, he'd said. But even though his mouth had said one thing, his body was screaming another thing. Jungkook had felt Jin's growing erection the minute he'd pressed his body against Jin's.

They'd had sex against the sink, watching each other's reflection as they reached a new high in the highly scandalous bathroom.

After that, they'd gone slow dancing at his friend's club. Then they came back to his place and had tumbled about again naked in his living room, then in his bedroom. It was then under his sheets, their sweaty body pressed against each other as they breathed in the same air, that Jungkook realized what he'd been feeling for a while.

What he felt for Jin was more than what he thought it was. He would do anything for him. He would burn a thousand cities and end a million lives to keep himself safe. That was a given.

Sitting alone in his bedroom now, Jin long gone, he held his phone in his hand, a deep frown etched on his face. He dialled a number, one whose calls he'd been ignoring since his trip.

"Jungkook," the light voice came through the speaker. Jungkook tossed his phone on the bed and walked over to his desk, he pulled out the second drawer and grabbed a cigarette and a lighter. "I thought you were avoiding me."

He put the stick between his lips, lit it and took a long needed drag, tossed the smoke around his mouth for a few seconds before exhaling, feeling his tensed shoulder slowly relax.

"I'm not avoiding you. I'm ignoring you," he stated, tossing the cigarette pack and lighter on his desk before walking to his window, watching the nightlife of the city from his penthouse apartment.

"This relationship we have isn't very fair, don't you think? You ignore me when I need you but I'm there for you in a heartbeat when you need me."

"Well, maybe you don't pay me enough—oh, wait, you don't pay me, at all. I pay you, Jimin," he reminded the man and his most trusted staff. Jimin had been in his service for four years. "Or at least, I used to pay you until you betrayed me."

"I would never betray you, Jungkook."

"Yet, you stayed quiet when he gave the order—"

"Listen, I—"

"No, you listen!" He said, sternly. He brought the cigarette back between his lips and took a long drag, holding it for a longer time before letting the smoke float around him. "You stayed quiet when he gave the order. You remained quiet when he executed it. You didn't tell me. I had to find out through an email. An email, Jimin. Why am I even calling you?"

"Because you know I would never betray you. I didn't tell you for your safety. If you had known, you would have rushed back here and who knows what he would have done?" Jimin explained.

"That is my problem to worry about."

"No, it isn't. I worry about you every single fucking time. You, more than anyone, know I would take a bullet for you, Jungkook."

"I don't need you taking a bullet for me! I needed you to have told me when he decided to pull the trigger on a fucking sixteen year old! Goddammit! Don't fucking justify your silence by saying you were thinking of my safety, I'm not a freaking baby!"

Jungkook paced his room, breathing in and out deeply. This wasn't why he'd called Jimin. He had called for a completely different reason but speaking to Jimin had brought back the pain of a memory he hadn't wanted to feel anytime soon.

"Son-Dam and Bloom. It's a flower shop in Gangnam," he said, more calmly. "I need you to find out who ordered ten of bouquets of Devil Roses to Delight High School."

"Devil Roses?" Jimin asked. He was as familiar with them as Jungkook was. They never symbolized anything good. "Isn't Delight your guy's school?"

"Someone sent them to him this morning with a cryptic note: I see you too. I need to find out who it is ASAP."

Jimin didn't need to argue the emergence of what Jungkook was asking. In their line of business, every cryptic message was considered dangerous until proven not. "Got it. I'll also check out his family and his friends, maybe there's someone who's involved in shady business," Jimin said.

"Do that."

"Okay. But be careful with your boy. About the boss, Jungkook, I think you should—" Jungkook grabbed his phone from the bed and ended the call, cutting Jimin off, certain that whatever Jimin wanted to say, he wasn't the least bit interested.

His entire interest was on Jin: his safety and whoever the hell had thought it was a good idea to threaten him.

He touched the beads around his wrist. The person had his full attention. Undivided, even. They weren't the only one who could see. Soon enough, he'd be seeing them, too.