Twenty-One: Blood

Jungkook's phone started to ring just as a shiny black BMW parked behind his car

Jungkook's phone started to ring just as a shiny black BMW parked behind his car. The engine of the car stayed one and the doors stayed closed, but Jungkook already knew who it was.

He picked up his phone from where it was in a holder and watched Jimin's name slide through his screen. He looked at the car again before answering.

"You didn't want to waste any more time?" Jungkook asked, shifting the gear to drive to continue his journey. He saw Jimin's car follow behind but not too close. "You could have taken an extra hour, you know?"

Jimin chuckled. "Relax. Don't take out your relationship troubles on me."

Relationship troubles? "What the fuck are you on about?"

"You're panicking," Jimin blurted like he'd just spewed facts that Jungkook didn't understand at all.

Jungkook frowned. "Panicking over what? I'm eager to beat the shit out of that imbecile who hurt Jin. What exactly am I panicking over, Jimin?"

"Oh, I know you can't wait to get your hands on Cho. I'm talking about Jin's confession just now."

Jungkook's brows pinched. He slammed his horn and maneuvered around two cars that were driving so slow and close together in front of him that it seemed like they were about to make out. "Jin's confession just now? Jimin, what are you talking about?"

It had better not be what he was thinking.

"You know, Jin saying the L word. You've always been awkward about the word, remember?"

It didn't take further Q&A for Jungkook to be able to decipher what was going on, what Jimin was saying and how he'd come to hear those words that Jungkook had purposely chosen not to dwell on yet.

"Did you hack into Jin's phone?"

Jimin's "Yes?" was hesitant, more of a question and he drew out the 's' way longer than was necessary.

"Why would you fucking do that?" Jungkook stressed out. "I didn't tell you to do that. So, why would you do it?"

"Because no one was talking. One of them knew something about what was happening and they kept quiet. I told you that I had to hack into their phones."

"No," Jungkook shook his head. "You told me you had to hack into Namjoon's phone. You didn't mention Jin because if you had I would have told you to not even dream of it. I remember every mention of his name and you never said anything about invading his privacy."

"Okay. Okay. I omitted it because I knew you'd say no. You're sentimental towards him so you're not considering every option. I had to do it on my own."

"So, what did you arrive at eventually?" Jungkook asked. He hated when Jimin did stuff like this-go behind his back to do exactly what he knew Jungkook would not have wanted him to do.