Thirty-One: You

The only reason Jimin was entertaining Jin's questions was because he'd almost dialed the police

Normally, he wouldn't have given a shit if Jin had been on call with the commander in chief of the Armed Force, but the matter at hand was so delicate and lives were at stake. If he didn't tread with caution, he could lose this battle.

He knew he couldn't tell Jin the truth because it was going to cause some chaos he didn't have the time to deal with. So, he was going to omit a whole lot of stuff, because to be honest, he owed Jin nada. Zilch. Nothing. That was Jungkook's own burden to carry if it all backfired in his face.

"I'm not going to spill anyone's life story here, because I don't have the time for it and I don't owe you anything," Jimin started, already tired of the conversation. He was in such an irritable mood and it was all Jungkook's fault.

"Just tell me anything that would help me find him."

"First, Jungkook isn't missing."

"But you said you didn't know where he was."

"He isn't missing. He went in search of someone, an old boyfriend. King."

"Why did he go in search of this King person?"

"Because Jungkook used to be his righthand person. That was before they broke up. Jungkook left a few years back and came to Korea. King tried to lure him back but he only got Jungkook's attention a few months ago when he killed someone who was like a brother to Jungkook," Jimin explained.

Jin's brows knitted. He looked conflicted. "Wait. Does this have anything to do with his recent travel out of Korea?"

"Yes. Jungkook went to carry out his revenge on King by stealing millions of dollars worth of diamonds."

"So, King came after Jungkook to exert his own revenge," Jin concluded, with a faraway look in his eyes. He was piecing everything together and Jimin was thankful he didn't have to spell it all out to him.

"You got that right."

Jin shook his head in confusion. "So, why is Jungkook going after someone who wants to hurt him? I don't understand."

"Because King doesn't think like the rest of us," Jimin stated. "He likes to play games."

"What does that mean?"

"It means King doesn't just harm a stray. He doesn't hit the nail on the person's head." Jin's forehead pinched. He looked more confused, and it was so adorable and annoying at the same time. Too bad. "He hits the person where it hurts the most, and it's not usually on them."

"You're speaking so much parables but making so little sense." Jin frowned.

"King's target isn't Jungkook," Jimin said, looking down at his feet. He shook his head and let out a deep sigh.

"Then who is his target?"

He looked up at Jin. His gaze narrowed and became more intense. "You." His fist flew forward, connecting with Jin's face. As Jin's body dropped, Jimin shut his eyes. He hated this fucking mess. He absolutely hated it. None of his missions had ever been messy and it had never had to do with him betraying someone who was like a brother to him.

Jin groaned on the floor as blood ran down his face where Jimin's knuckles had split an opening on his forehead. "What the hell, Jimin?" He said, painfully.

Jimin fetched his phone from his backpocket and dialled a number. The call connected in seconds. "He came to me, instead. There's no need going for his mother, is there? I'll bring him to you and you can kill him while Jungkook watches, just like you wanted."

"You're making this less interesting for me, Jimin," King said, his thick voice laced with disappointment. "But I'll take it. Bring him then. Jungkook should be here anytime soon. The party's about to begin."