CH 14

It was thanksgiving day and everyone was moving fast around the house

It was thanksgiving day and everyone was moving fast around the house. My mom had invited her side of the family, meanwhile my dad invited some of his side. It made me wonder how on earth we were going to fit everyone but then I remembered that this house was big enough to fit generations after generations.

I was setting up the tables for later, Estefania was decorating the walls and Mariana was helping my mom cook. My brothers had gone out to get a haircut, we knew they were trying to avoid the chaos that was happening but my mom always manage to find something for them to keep busy.

"Pull more from your side it's crooked babe" Andy was helping me set the table up, he was fixing it from the other side. I groaned and did as he said. "Now it's straight" he smiled at me.

"I hate thanksgiving, I don't know why we even celebrate it" I huffed and continued to putting down the cups and the utensils in order. "We just kill a turkey and celebrate it"

"But it's the day where you're supposed to be thankful for the things that's happened in your life baby" he came and wrapped me up with his strong arms, I hugged him back and gave him a gentle squeeze. The only thing I wanted to know was stay in my room and spend some time alone with him, I know it was selfish to think that way on this day. But lately, my brothers and sisters would want us to spend so much time with them that we didn't really have much time for ourselves. I missed doing the littlest things with Andy, not to mention I missed having sex with him. He always knew what he was doing in bed, he would surprise me with different positions he knew about.

"I am thankful for everyone, I just want to be with you" I pouted, I probably looked like a little girl complaining about everything but I didn't care at the moment. I wanted to spend this day with him.

"I promise you that after we do everything, it's just going to be you and me okay?" I sighs and nodded, he smiled and pecked me on the lips before returning to setting everything up.

Oh how I wish this day went by fast.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

It was six o'clock and everyone had arrived. The house was full and everyone seemed to be having a great time. Everyone was talking, gossiping, and laughing, including Andy with my brothers and cousins. They were all getting along and it made me feel good that he was accepted into the family with no hesitation. I felt a hand touch my shoulder and I turned to come face to face my mom. "What happened?" I questioned her.

"Shawn isn't coming?" Shawn always spent thanksgiving with us ever since we were teenagers. His parents would finish up and he would come right after with us, and it was great for him because he would get two different meals from two different families.

"No not this year mom" I gave her a hug and she nodded understanding. I haven't spoken to him ever since Andy told me not, and it was slowly killing me inside because I never went this long without talking to him. But I had to resist because I didn't want to upset Andy. As much as I wanted to keep him updated on everything that was happening, I couldn't do that.