Chapter 24: Room

Alyssa: Hey, big headed boy.

Alyssa was too busy looking at her jewelry to pay any attention to the fact that Winter was behind her with her phone in hand. "What do you think about-" Alyssa held up a diamond necklace to show her before seeing her iPhone in hand.

"What are you doing with my phone?" Alyssa asked eyeing her curiously. "Oh nothing. Just texting that bitch ass Matvei." Winter shrugged as Alyssa's eyes widened. "WINTER!!!" Alyssa screamed as she began chasing Winter around her bedroom.

"Give me my phone right now!" Winter cackled like the maniac she was as she shook Alyssa off. "Why? It's not like you're going to say what needs to be said!" Alyssa huffed as Winter dodged her once more.

"Please don't be embarrassing. I don't need him to think I'm any more of a nuisance than he already does. We ended things on a somewhat decent light. I guess I just want to keep it like that." Winter sucked her teeth before evading Alyssa once more.

"You want to keep things in limbo? For what? I'm not going to let my bestie settle for basic bitch treatment. That nicca doesn't get to taste the cat or get his soul snatched and continue to treat you like some regular degular girl on the street. No ma'am!"

Alyssa heard her phone chime. "Winter, please!" Alyssa knew her pleas were falling on deaf ears by the Cheshire smile on Winter's face. Winter began typing but was interrupted by a FaceTime call request.

"Answer it." Winter said before tossing the phone to Alyssa. Alyssa saw Matvei's name and groaned. "Calm your tits, woman. I didn't say anything flagrant...yet." Alyssa sighed before accepting the call.

"Hi." Matvei's breathing hitched at the awkward smile she gave him. It was cute and illustrated to him just how fragile the brazen woman could be. "I see Winter hijacked your phone." Winter sucked her teeth causing Alyssa to chuckle. "No one calls me big headed boy but her." Alyssa nodded her head.

"What's up?" Alyssa asked and took stock of her nervousness. They had never talked like this before and something about his expression and demeanor didn't feel as tense as that morning. He gave off a vibe that wasn't as guarded as she was used to and she really liked that.

"I wanted to talk if you have some time..." Winter interrupted him. "She doesn't. We've got outfits to try on, but you can be a silent audience member if you'd like." Alyssa rolled her eyes. "Winnie is getting me together for tomorrow's festivities."

Matvei hummed a response. "It's not that special, Aly." Winter let out a cackle. "Bitch, you lie. Alyssa, don't let him fool you. The Melnik clan comes dressed to impress. It's Papa Melnik's only request of us." Alyssa nodded her head.

"What are you thinking of wearing?" Matvei asked curiously. "I don't know. Winter is my stylist. She pulled together a few pieces while I was downstairs cleaning, so we'll see what she's come up with."

"Nothing revealing, Winter. I know how you are." Winter sucked her teeth once more. "You ain't my Daddy, Matvei, so you can't tell me what to do. You're also not her man, so you have no say in what she wears."

Alyssa couldn't help but notice the expression on Matvei's face and smirk. "You can have a small say, Matthew." He grinned at her before nodding. Winter grabbed her phone and set it up where Matvei could see her and Alyssa.

"Alright ma'am, go and try on the dresses I laid out. Chop! Chop!" Winter instructed with a few hand claps for good measure. "Yes ma'am." Alyssa giggled as she made her way to the closet. The moment she was out of view, Winter turned her gaze on Matvei.

"What are you up to, Matvei?" Matvei huffed at her. "What? I can't send a text now?" Winter shook her head. "You can if you were a normal and wholesome guy. If you and Alyssa had an amiable start and a status quo journey up until this point then sure, but you're not and you didn't so what are your intentions?"