Chapter 60: The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare

The air crackled with tension as Matvei tensed with anticipation. He had every intention of coming to the French home, guns ablaze. He was angry and irritated that Alyssa was anywhere near the two mafias, however, what he walked in on had him in his present state—squared off against David who was currently exuding controlled aggression.

Matvei's long hair hung around his face like a furious storm, mirroring the rage burning within him, while David's gaze remained cold and calculated, betraying his readiness to dish out punishment.

Matvei didn't know what took over him, but as he lunged forward with a primal roar his massive fists swung with brute force. David was agile and nimble and this was apparent to Mikhail and Eric as he danced around Matvei's heavy blows.

Eric shook his head as he took a seat. He knew better than anyone that David's movements were always so fluid and precise. Each strike from Matvei was met with a counterattack from David, who seemed to anticipate every move with uncanny accuracy.

Their fight was a whirlwind of motion, a clash of contrasting styles. Matvei relied on sheer strength and ferocity, while David utilized speed and finesse to wear down his opponent.

Grunts and curses filled the air as they finally began exchanging blows. The sound of fists connecting echoed throughout the space.

Despite Matvei's overwhelming power, David refused to yield. His determination fueled his relentless assault. Blow after blow landed with pinpoint accuracy, each strike driving Matvei back further and further.

David's irritation simmered beneath the surface like a dormant volcano, waiting to erupt with devastating force as he punched Matvei repeatedly.

He had never been one to tolerate the presence of most people, finding solace only in the company of his wife and daughter. Erica's shared disdain for the world outside their bubble of intimacy was what made them so perfect for each other.

So when David discovered that his sister-in-law had begun dating the infamous Melnik brothers, a surge of frustration coursed through him like a raging river. But it wasn't until Matvei, the bulkier and more imposing of the two, had brazenly strode into his home that David's irritation reached its boiling point.

The audacity of Matvei's entrance grated on David's nerves like sandpaper on raw skin. His jaw clenched tightly, every muscle in his body coiled with tension as he braced himself for what was to come.

But it wasn't just the intrusion that stoked the flames of David's anger. It was the smug statement that escaped Matvei's lips like venom, poisoning the air between them and igniting a firestorm of rage within David's chest.

The way Matvei dared to speak, as if he had any right to be there, any right to interfere in David's life, was beyond infuriating.

It was a slap in the face, a blatant disregard for boundaries and respect that David simply could not tolerate.

As Matvei stood before him, his demeanor oozing with anger and arrogance, David's irritation bubbled to the surface with an intensity that threatened to consume him whole.

His fists clenched at his sides, his knuckles turned white with the force of his grip as he struggled to contain the tempest raging within him.

In that moment, as Matvei's words hung in the air like a challenge, David knew that things would never be good between them.

And as he stared into the eyes of the man who had dared to provoke him, he vowed that he would make him regret ever setting foot in his home.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity of fierce combat, both men found themselves at a stalemate, their chests heaving with exertion. Anger blazed in their eyes, a fiery intensity that threatened to consume them both.