Chapter 44: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Gaia looked herself over in the reflection and smiled. She missed her wardrobe and was beyond thankful Alyssa hadn't thrown it out like last time.

Deep down, Gaia knew it was a sign that Alyssa was somewhat accepting of her true mental status AND them. That or she really hoped they wouldn't retaliate at her attempts to erase them from memory, also like last time.

She turned to see the unconscious men tied up to the bed and snickered. "Mama's been asleep for far too long. Time to go out and play." Gaia's smile concealed a secret thrill, the exhilaration of newfound freedom coursing through her veins.

She had spent almost a year concealing her true self, creeping out in the shadows when drinks were mixed and alcohol was mistakenly consumed. The moment had once again arrived and she was out. 

The surge of confidence ran through her like an untamed energy and she was ready to be unleashed. She checked herself out for the last time before leaving. 

As Gaia stepped outside, the warm breeze brushed against her face, whispering promises of adventure. Her gaze locked with Shakira, the friendly neighbor who clearly seemed oblivious to Gaia's not so hidden desire. "Hey you." Shakira waved happily. "Hi." Gaia smiled.

Gaia approached Shakira with a mischievous glint in her eyes. Gaia leaned against the mailbox, exuding a captivating allure. "You're so gorgeous, Shakira. You know that, right? You know you're gorgeous." Gaia purred. 

Shakira's eyes widened with a mix of surprise and intrigue. "Thanks...What are you and your boyfriends up to tonight?" Gaia looked back at the house and shrugged. "I don't want to think about them tonight."

She made her way closer to her. "Let's talk about you." Shakira looked on confusedly as Gaia traced invisible lines on her arm with a perfectly manicured nail. "Alyssa...as flattering as this is...what are you doing?" 

Gaia huffed at the reminder that she was nothing but an alter before plastering a smile on her face. "Nothing, angel. Just appreciating a God given gift." Shakira chuckled awkwardly at that. "Be safe out there." Gaia nodded her head bored as she made her way back to Alyssa's car.

"Being safe has never appealed to me." Gaia muttered before driving down to 6th street with the sounds of Megan Thee Stallion on the radio.

It felt so good to be out. She felt alive once more and the energy that Austin exuded maximized that feeling. She pulled up to a club that she remembered Alyssa passing and smiled as she parked.

She walked past the line and straight up to the bouncer. She whispered something in his ear before pulling his earlobe in between her teeth. She was all too pleased to see him hold open the door for her almost instantly. The grumblings of those waiting in line was music to her ears.

Gaia couldn't help but smile as she walked into the club. It was a throwback night judging by the music. 'Shut It Down' by Drake was playing and it did something to her. Most music did something to her, but this accentuated her sexy.

She looked around for someone that seemed worthy of her moves and found a handsome man that fit the bill. He actually looked like a knock off of the two blondes tied to Alyssa's bed and that made her snicker.

When she motioned him over with her head and he came eagerly, Gaia knew she had him. They danced together for a couple of songs and she was surprised he actually had rhythm. His hands were everywhere and she welcomed them blissfully, but she couldn't ignore the stinging sensation behind her eye.

"Let's take this somewhere private," Gaia smiled as she led him to the bathroom. The coast was clear as she shoved him in and locked the door behind them. She gave him her signature smile before pulling him in for a deep and sensual kiss.