Chapter 41: 3 Idiots

"That was him." Alyssa whispered still in shock at who she just saw. "What'd you say, hon?" Keisha said with a smile. "That was him." Alyssa looked at her men before pointing out the window. "The gunman. The one with the scar. He was just outside!"

Matvei and Mikhail exchanged looks with their cousins before every Melnik man at the table was up and outside. Arseny waited until they were out of sight to whip out his gun.

"That fucker is bold bold!" Konstantin said as they circled the diner. "There's no way the French aren't behind this." Arseny spoke up. "What the fuck does David want with Alyssa?" Matvei snapped. "I don't know, but we're going to find out."

"You okay, hon?" Alyssa looked into Keisha's worried eyes and nodded. "I thought it was a one off. A trafficker just targeting young women. Now it feels like he's targeting me, but why?"

Winter and Angel exchanged looks. There was obviously more to the story on every front and the two just hoped the truth could be discovered without the fatality of a person or relationship.

Alyssa rode back with Mikhail because he was less in his head than Matvei. He managed to stroke her thigh and answer her in more than one syllable responses. He was shaken by the turn of events. That she was sure of and she wanted to distract him. She honestly wanted to distract them both.

"Pull over." Alyssa said earning a confused look from him. Mikhail turned to look at her when he saw it. Pure lust. He was always in the mood when it came to his girlfriend, but he was worried. This thing that was happening with the French was bigger than they realized.

"Babe, we're almost at your place." Alyssa shook her head no with a deep pout. Mikhail let out a chuckle before pulling over to shaded and secluded spot. He had barely put the car in park when Alyssa began straddling him.

Her hands were swift and seconds later she was sliding down on his erection. The two moaned happily as Alyssa settled on a rhythm that thrilled them both. She loved this look on his face. Ecstasy. Pure bliss. This is what she wanted for him. The worry lines weren't what he needed.

"I love you." Mikhail looked into her brown eyes with a smile. "I know you'll protect me. I don't know how since none of you fools have called the cops once, but I know you've got me. I trust you, Mik. I trust you with everything I am."

Mikhail's heart clenched at her honest words and breathtaking smile. She did trust him, but for how long. How could she possibly still trust him when the truth was inching closer and closer thanks to these French fucks?

Mikhail didn't want to think about that. He didn't want to think about his love and happiness being ruined because of the life he and his family lived. Instead, he wrapped his arms around her waist and began pounding into her.

His strokes were merciless but he didn't care. He knew she loved it and he needed the distraction. He needed her core to continue to pulse and quiver around him as he brought her pleasure.

"I love you, Lys. Always. I'll love you until my dying breath." He knew it sounded dramatic but he meant it. He didn't know what was in store for them but Mikhail vowed as she climaxed around him and he filled her up, that he would die protecting her if it eventually came down to that.

Matvei and Mikhail sat across the table from a well known informant of Diana Blackwood. Spade knew everything there was to know about everyone and they were hoping he'd be useful.

"His name is Eric Joseph, II. He gained the scar in a fight when he was ten years old while living in Haiti." Matvei nodded his head impatiently. "What else? Is he linked to any other mafias?"