Chapter 16: Rush

It was 5:20 pm and Matvei was pissed. Alyssa still had yet to show up to the damn walkthrough she demanded occur. He wanted to call her and blow up on her, but he knew deep down he wouldn't. He didn't want to speed up hearing her voice.

His mind then offered up whether something bad had happened. Mikhail would be useless as he had an engagement and always turned off his phone. Matvei didn't like that his anxiety was mounting as images of Alyssa lying in a ditch somewhere flooded him.

He was ready to call the hospital after ten minutes went by when he saw her car pull in. His anger was reignited. As she stepped out he forced himself to breathe. She stood in front of him just as stunning as every chance encounter and he didn't know what to do with himself or his hands.

He stuffed his hands in his pockets as she got closer. The yellow dress she wore made her shine brighter than the sun. The length allowed a detailed view of her thick thighs and legs. Her hips filled it out in ways that had him panting.

"Fuck." Matvei whispered. "What did you say?" Alyssa asked as she made her way towards him. "Nothing. Hurry up!" Alyssa was ready to retort but Matvei had already turned and headed indoors. "Rude."

Matvei heard her and rolled his eyes. His men were long gone as he surveyed the home. He wanted Angel to stay with, but that was a foolish request. Angel's refusal to stay was simply due to him not wanting to be a willing participant in a cuckhold situation.

The fact was Matvei was angry. The way he breathed harshly and stood irritable in the kitchen illustrated this, but Alyssa could care less. She chalked it up to the fact that his hatred for her clearly over shadowed any feelings their shared kiss could have drummed up. It stung. A lot.

Despite Matvei's hatred still being a factor and fraction of his current mood it didn't make the whole equation. Matvei was pissed about a variety of things. The video Angel sent him still irked him. The lap dance Alyssa gave to Angel burned him like no other. The outfit Alyssa wore the night before lived rent free in his mind. Hell, the outfit she was currently wearing angered him.

His feelings were all over the place and his emotions a jumbled mess. The fact that he forced himself to sleep to escape thoughts of their kiss only to dream about the very thing was tortuous.

Alyssa had burrowed too deep and it was affecting him to the point of assaulting his younger cousin and friend. As she stood in front of him trying to match his anger he gave her body a once over.

Her dress hugged her beautiful breasts and somewhat flat stomach before flaring out at her shapely hips. The way it complemented her called to him. She was a walking temptation and it just made his anger flare more with each second.

"Let's get this shit over with." Matvei growled. "Oh Matthew! That's no way to talk to a client. Who put spikes on the stick up your ass anyway?" He glared at her before walking away. Alyssa ran to catch up as he grumbled through the things they had already accomplished in a week.

The house didn't look like a house. It was stripped almost to its bare bones and Matvei begrudgingly explained that was due to faulty wiring. She couldn't help but smile that he cared enough to pay that close enough attention to detail.

It all looked good. Right. She was thoroughly surprised and pleased at all they were able to achieve and hoped that things continued to progress in the same way. She'd be done with Matvei in no time and refused to acknowledge the sadness that washed over her with that thought.

It was obvious with his lack of mentioning it that their kiss meant nothing to him. She would be fine with that. It didn't need to mean anything. She repeated those words in hopes that they would take root and wash away the hurt she felt deep down.