Chapter 1: The Dark Knight

Matvei plopped down on his living room couch happy to be home. He had just left the apartment of his longtime entanglement Emma and couldn't help the smile as he thought about her.

Matvei had her trained. Well. It had taken a few months, but Emma learned after a while what things were and how they'd remain. She knew from then on that he'd continue to satisfy her if she behaved accordingly. In exchange for grade A dick Emma simply had to promise to not give him lip about becoming something more.

He acknowledged that it was hard for her in the beginning. It was hard for most of the women he slept with. They wanted to be the ones to change the bad boy. They wanted to fix him, but after a few months they all learned the hard way oftentimes that there was no fixing Matvei Melnik.

He couldn't deny the fact that he appreciated his arrangement with Emma. She was the longest girl he'd ever kept around and that was mostly because he hadn't been in the mood to pick up any new ones to fulfill his insatiable urges.

It didn't help that he was growing bored of repeating himself. The same speech on why he'd never commit was getting old and tired. Emma was an old faithful that he valued and made sure to leave her with numerous orgasms every chance he got.

He chuckled to himself as he thought of his cousin, Jenna Melnik and her best friend, Jade McCoy. They had been schooling him on the ways of women despite being younger since he could remember. 

They always harped that women liked honesty. He was informed time and time again that women appreciated when a man told her what it was from the beginning to ensure both were on the same page and moved accordingly.

Matvei knew from the start that was complete and total bullshit. Women didn't think or move like men. They would agree to an entanglement only to become devastated when it was time to move around. He had seen it all. The dramatic ones. The tearful ones. The dramatically tearful ones.

Women wanted pet projects that they could mold and change. The fact that he was this bad boy meant he simply needed the love of a good woman. His very existence and aesthetic sent their nurturing fix it meters through the roof.

Matvei Melnik was unchanging and Emma knew that which is why she was still around. They had a banter and flow that kept both satisfied over the years, but he could sense her drifting. He wasn't sure how much longer he had with her, but he'd head to the nearest club sometime soon to hopefully find the next filler.

He stood up and stretched before heading upstairs to his room. He took in the décor throughout his home and smiled. It was an industrial styled two story home that spoke to him since its design.

He had built it with his bare hands with the help of his fellow team of trusted constructors and was beyond proud of the work done. It was his pride and joy and offered the only slice of Heaven he would ever be offered.

The colors represented him well with grays, blacks and whites painted throughout the sizable home. He was the builder, while his brother was the designer and realtor of the two. It made him happy that together they could build their dream homes.

Matvei thought of his brother's family style home and scoffed. Mikhail was the epitome of love and hopeless romantic. He wanted to be a husband and father before he even knew what romantic love was. 

Matvei knew it stemmed from him wanting to be the polar opposite of the example they had, but he wasn't going to go down that rabbit hole today.

He made his way upstairs to his room and undressed happily. After throwing his clothes in his hamper, Matvei made his way to the oasis that was his bathroom. He smiled as the scorching hot water sprayed his back.