Chapter Thirteen

Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.

November 14, 2022.

Madison Stone's Point Of View.

"It's been better than I thought. I was missing you guys and the other boys," I tell Bryan after he asks me how I feel about being back.

Bryan, Ashley and I sit down at one of the cafeteria tables and start eating our respective snacks.

I look around and get frustrated not to see him anywhere.

"Looking for Andrey?" Bryan mocks and I don't even deny it.

"Have you seen him around?"

"He's probably with the boys. They will be here soon," Ahsley says.

"I ran into him in the bathroom," Bryan says opening his juice. "He asked if I knew where you were all this time."

"And you said the truth, right?" I ask curiously, taking a sit of my orange juice.

What I need least now that I want to make peace with Andrey is for us to have one more reason to fight.

"I didn't answer him." I look at him confused and he understands by that that I want to know the reason why he did that. "Because he's been ignoring me since last week and now out of the blue he comes to ask me about you," he speaks indignantly and takes a bite of his sandwich.

"Why are you so angry, Bryan?" Ashley mocks.

"Because he ignores her and then goes to ask others about her. If he cares so much about her and wants to know about her life, let him come and ask what he wants to know to her, not me," and now Ashley gets serious.

"I know the friend I have and I know he cares for her. He may have made a mistake, but I'm sure he loves her," she says and I feel the mood heavy.

"Can you tell me why he didn't come to talk to me?" I ask her.

"I don't know, but you bet I will find out," and I agree smiling.

"I don't know if he wants to be around me, but my mother told me what he did for me and for her while I was away, so it's only fair that he be part of our conversation at Amour. Can you call him for me?" Bryan gives a debauched laugh and I just ignore it, because I don't want us to fight.

"Why the laugh?" Ashley looks seriously at Bryan and he returns the look.

"No reason."

Ashley swallows dryly and looks at me again.

"I will call, but you guys have to work it out soon, because me and the boys are not going to be messengers for you two."

"Thank you. And I know that we have to talk. I will try to do this if he meet us at Amour," I say and she agrees.

The boys approach and sit down with us. David sits next to Bryan and Ryan greets Ashley with a kiss and sits next to her, making her sit between the two of us.

"Where is Andrey?" Ashley asks and David takes a piece of my sandwich.

"Hey!" I scold him and he doesn't care, taking a bite of it after answering our friend.

"He stayed with other teammates."

And this only makes me think that he really doesn't want to be close to me, which makes me confused, since according to people close to me, he couldn't wait to see me again.

"How strange.." Ahsley comments and David looks at me, returning my sandwich.

"In a little while, can we talk?"

"Yes, we can." I speak and he smiles.

"The girls are coming our way," Ryan speaks taking a bite of Ashley's sandwich and I see Emily and Sarah coming towards where we where at.

"Hey guys. Hi David," Emily greets us and I can see from the look on David's face that things have really changed between them.

"Hi Emily," he says without looking at her and picks up my juice, taking a sip of it.

"Hi Madison. Can we talk?" Sarah asks me and I am surprised. "It's quick."

I don't answer her, I just grab my backpack and stand up, leaving my snack on the table and following her out of the cafeteria along with her friend.

"What do you have to say?" I ask seriously and she takes a deep breath, looking at her friend.

"I want to apologize for the things I did," she speaks and I cannot disguise my shock at what I hear.

"What?"

"That's just what you heard. And you don't even have to excuse me, I am only doing this because I know I made a mistake and hurt someone I like," and now I understand why.

At least she realized that those who love, do not try to ruin the happiness of their beloved.

"Your apology won't change the past and solve the problems you caused, but since you're sorry, I excuse you." I speak and she gives me a small smile. "Anything else?" And she agrees.

"I don't know if Ahsley told you, but there's a game this Saturday. You're Andrey's cheerleader, so we are having practice tomorrow after school."

"I don't want to be a cheerleader anymore. You can take my place if you want," and she misses jumping for joy when I say that.

The reason I don't want to be a cheerleader anymore is not because of Andrey, but because as much as I like it, I'm not in the mood to memorize choreography at the moment.

"Thank you.. but why don't you want to?"

"I'm not in the mood to cheer people up."

"Got it."

"Anything else?" I ask and Sarah looks to Emily, making me do the same.

"I want to apologize to you too, Madison." Emily says and I look at her seriously.

"You have made a big mistake, because we took you in when they turned their backs on you, and then you went back to hanging out with them and told them things that were not about you."

"I know.." she lowers her gaze and I take a deep breath.

I'm not a spiteful person, you know? I think that everyone deserves a second chance, so if they really regret the bad things they did to me, I don't see any problem in apologizing to them. And if they are not sorry and are doing it with any intention, then that's about their character and not mine.

"But I excuse you."

"Thank you," she gives me a small smile.

"Now if you will excuse me, I'm going back to where I was."

"All right," Sarah agrees and I turn away from them, going back to where I was.