Chapter Fifty (The End)

Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.

December 17, 2022.

Madison Stone's Point Of View.

"Miss Stone, your mother told me to wake you up. It's already two o'clock in the afternoon," I wake up with Angelina shaking me lightly.

"I'm going to sleep just a little longer," I say sleepily and go to turn the other way, but she stops me.

"Miss Owens is waiting for you downstairs," she says and I strange it, because I don't remember arranging anything with Ashley, so even though I want to sleep more, I get up.

"Tell her I will be right there," I say and she agrees, so I go into the bathroom and she leaves the room.

I take a shower, brush my teeth, dry my hair and leave the bathroom, going to my closet and grabbing an outfit, the same one I put on and after grabbing my cell phone, I leave my room.

I go downstairs and see that Ashley is talking to my mother, but I am surprised to see that she is carrying a backpack on her back, a nécessaire and a large black bag, which I deduce has her dress in it.

"Mad! Is that wake up time?" Ashley wryly chuckles.

"I have nothing to do, so I'm going to catch up on my sleep," I say casually and walk over to them, sitting down on the couch. "What did you come here to do?"

"I came to get ready for the dance along with you," and I give a weak laugh in denial.

"I'm not going to the dance." I tell them and they don't seem to like what they hear.

"Why not? If we had lost, I would understand your discouragement, but that's not what happened and you've been discouraged since the prom was announced," Ashley stares at me as she nods her head in denial.

If we had lost the trial, I really wouldn't be in the mood to go, but since we won the case, it would be really nice to enjoy the dance to celebrate, but I'm the only one without a date and so I know I will be left over, so I decided I'm not going.

I know I told Andrey that I would do my best to go, but...

"I'm not excited.." and they both snort.

"I don't understand you. Why aren't you excited?"

"Because everyone has a date and I don't," I admit and she looks at me as if she doesn't believe what I just said.

"Come on, Mad? Andrey's just dying to see you there and you will probably spend the whole ball together as if you were a couple, as happened at the last ball."

"Yeah.." I agree as I remember that at the homecoming dance, he hadn't invited me, but we stayed together the whole time and it was up to there that everything actually started.

"Something might even happen between you two," she says and my mother agrees, but I deny it.

"I don't think anything will happen between the two of us."

"Come on, Mad. He just hasn't kissed you yet out of respect for you," and I try to contain the smile that wants to form on my lips, but I can't.

"I think so too." Mom agrees with Ashley.

"Come on, please," she says slyly, making me roll my eyes as I keep the smile on my lips.

It is admirable the way she can change my mind.

"Okay, I will go.." and just as I say that, the two of them celebrate, but then I remember one thing. "I take that back, I won't be able to go anymore."