Chapter Fourty

Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.

December 10, 2022.

Madison Stone's Point Of View.

I put my picture frames with my mother, Anthony and my friends into the small cardboard box that I will take with me in the car, thus finishing packing all my things.

The guy from the truck that is taking our stuff to the new house comes into my room and takes the last thing in it, the nightstand where my pictures were, leaving my now former dorm room soon after.

I look around and after seeing that everything is empty, I leave the room holding my little box and go downstairs.

I leave my house and go to my car that I have already put outside, putting the box on the passenger seat and after closing the door, I enter the house again, heading towards Anthony's house.

I go into his house and see that everything is intact, because we won't take his things out of here and in case our house is rented, we will let his locked and separate it from the other one so that I can come here whenever I want.

I imagine he would be crazy about the mess of the move if he were here, since he was a cleaning and organization maniac, and I giggle at the image I create in my head.

Surely the hardest part of moving is now. Saying goodbye to where I lived and especially saying goodbye to the only living memory I had of Anthony.

I know I will be able to come here whenever I want, but I know it won't be the same.

"Your mother is calling you for us to leave, Madison," Christopher appears in the doorway causing me to wake up from my thoughts and remember what I came here to do.

"Okay. I am already going. I will just get his little plants." I say walking into the kitchen. "Can you help me?"

"Sure." He says coming up behind me.

Baker takes the two larger vases and I take the two smaller ones, so we leave the kitchen and Anthony's house soon after.

I quickly put one of the vases on the floor and take the house key from my pocket, locking the house and after putting the key away, I take the vase again, heading back to the house with Baker.

"If you want, I can help you water the plants," Christopher says, making me confused.

"Thank you. But will you come to our house just to water the plants?" I question, and he for some reason seems to regret what he said.

"Yeah.. I hadn't thought of that," he speaks in a casual way, but I can see that he's hiding something.

"You and my mother aren't dating yet?" I can't keep my tongue inside my mouth and ask after a few seconds.

"When the time is right you will have the answer," he gives me a smile, quickening his steps and starting to create a distance between the two of us, probably because he knows I'm going to ask more questions and he doesn't want to answer.

"And when will the right time be?" I ask and he doesn't answer me, he just hastens his steps further, making me more curious. "Is that moment near or far?" I ask in a louder tone and he just gives a laugh.

When will the right time be?

"Mom, open the door, please," I ask as soon as I arrive in the living room and see my mother waiting for us on the sofa, the same one that as well as some other furniture will remain in this house.

"Okay," she gets up and goes to the door, opening it. "Are you going to put the plants in your car, daughter?"

"Yes."

"Do you want me to open your car door too?"

"Yes. Take the key here in my pocket," and she agrees, coming to me and doing what I asked her to do.

She leaves the house with me and Christopher following her and after she opens the back door of my car, she takes one of the vases that are in Christopher's hand so that he can put the vase that was left in his hand on the floor of the car and help me put the other three too, which he does and soon after I close the door.

I get in the car and start it. I look at the house and a movie plays in my head, making me realize that I have many memories here, both good and bad. I wish I could change and erase some of them, but I know that as difficult as some of them were, they were all essential to my growth and learning, which will now continue in another place.

I also realize that now another chapter has been closed and ended, making me smile for knowing that now another one will begin, the same one that I hope and believe will be better.

I look ahead and see that my mother and Christopher are already leaving with their respective cars, so I take one last look at the house and start following the cars ahead of me on the way to the new house.

As our new home is a short distance from our old one, after about six minutes we arrived there.

My mother gets out of her car and opens the door to the house so that the men from the moving truck can start putting things into it, and the garage so that we can put our cars inside.

We put our cars in the garage and I decide to take my small box and the plants out of my car only after I have tidied things up a bit so that there is no risk of an accident occurring and these things that are important to me breaking.

"Smell of new life!" My mom says excitedly as soon as we walk in and I smile.

"I'm going up to my room to organize what I can." I say.

"It's fine honey. We will stay here to put things in order too," my mom speaks and I agree, going upstairs shortly after.

I enter my room, seeing that there are already some boxes here, since we have been in a cycle since the morning of the guys filling the truck with our stuff and my mom coming, opening the door and them depositing the stuff here.

My new room has a spacious bathroom as well as the other one and a large closet too. It is a little smaller than my old one, but it is still big and will definitely be more spacious after I tidy it up and get all these boxes out of here.

I look for my accessory box, and after I find it, I take a hairpin and secure my hair, starting to tidy up what I can afterwards.