Chapter Twenty Four

Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.

November 19, 2022.

Madison Stone's Point Of View.

Ashley and I arrive at David's house and got out of my car. She was going to come in Andrey's car with Ryan and thought I would come with them, but when I told her I was driving, she got excited and wanted to come with me.

"Let's go find the boys," Ashley says and we enter the house as we see that the few people outside of it are not the boys.

I am surprised to see the good amount of people inside David's house, because I had really believed Andrey when he told me it would just be a small party.

We pass by several people in the living room, some of whom I know, so I greet them, until we reach the kitchen, where we get something to drink.

"I found him!" Ashely speaks excitedly and I look in the same direction she is looking, seeing Ryan and Andrey. "Come on," she says, already walking away, and I follow her.

"Finally you guys are here!" Andrey comes excitedly over to me with Ryan, who goes to Ashley's side, and we give each other a hug.

"What's? We didn't take that long," I ironize, because we really did take a while.

Ashley took a long time in the shower and took even longer to get dressed and put some makeup on her face. We were the last ones out of the locker room and when we left the school, it was deserted.

"Where are the rest of the boys?" I ask with my mouth close to his ear so that he can hear what I am saying since the place we are in is quite noisy.

"David is out there with Bryan talking to someone on the team," we break the embrace, but remain close to each other so that we can hear what the other is saying.

"I'm glad you two are talking again," I say and he nods. "And I thought that move you two made at the beginning of the game was beautiful."

"I just did my duty as his teammate."

"Yeah, but I thought it was cute anyway," I speak and he smiles.

"But tell me, am I not a good player?" He brags and I laugh, but I know he's trying to change the subject.

"Yeah.. you're not that bad," I speak and he closes his face, making me laugh some more. "Just kidding. You're a great player," I admit and he smiles.

How I drool over this boy.

"Now my good player, I'm going to go after David quickly to congratulate him because I didn't when the crowd stormed the field."

"Okay, my ex cheerleader," and I smile at the name he uses to refer to me.

"I will be right back to be with you, Ryan and Ashley," I say and he agrees, so I walk away from them.

I walk past a few people again and can see David with Emily and a few other people, but no Bryan.

I approach the small group that is formed near the door to the outdoor area and Emily sees me, saying something in David's ear, who turns to look at me and comes towards me happily.

"Mad!" He gets closer and we give each other a tight hug.

"Congratulations on the win, quaterback!" I speak in a louder tone than usual due to the loud music in the background and give a small smile to Emily, who returns it.

"Thank you, ex cheerleader," he says in the same tone and I give a small laugh as we let go.

"Where is Bryan?"