Chapter Twenty Three

Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.

November 19, 2022.

Madison Stone's Point Of View.

I park my car and get out of it, following the large number of students heading towards the school field.

I climb the bleachers and sit down in one of the seats that are still vacant to wait for the game to start, but this only lasts a few seconds, as the cheerleaders enter and I stand up again to give prestige to my friend, who doesn't seem to be very excited about what she is doing.

She sees me and I give her a smile, telling her by lip expression that she looks beautiful, being answered with a shy smile and then by a "I want to get out of here. I want to stay there with you," which makes me laugh.

The cheerleaders do their choreographies and cheer shouts and I watch them while the game doesn't start.

As I watch them perform, I remember how excited I was when I got a spot on the team and how good the day of that game was for me.

"Hi, Madison," I wake up from my thoughts and look over, seeing Sophia and Abigail standing.

"Hey girls. Excited about the game?"

"Sort of. I'm not much of a football fan. Now Sophia.." she speaks and looks at the girl next to her, who smiles.

"I love football. By the way, weren't you on the cheerleading team? I remember you from the homecoming game."

"Yes, I used to. But I don't anymore." I say and they agree.

"Why?"

"I was out of spirits, so I asked to leave."

"And who took your place?" Abigail asks.

"Sarah."

"Oh yeah."

"Don't any of you have any desire to be a cheerleader?" I ask and they deny it on the spot, making me laugh.

"I don't have elasticity to do those dances," and I shake my head in agreement laughing at what Abigail said.

"And I even dance at home, but I am embaressed to dance in public."

"I understand, but in case one day you want Abigail and you lose the shame of dancing in public Sophia, try to join the team, because it's a cool experience. I only left because I was really out of spirits because of some problems."

"Thank you for the advice," Sophia smiles at me and I smile back.

"No need to thank."

"Uhm, Mad.. since there is no room for us to sit here with you, we will go to the other side to find a seat before the game starts, okay?" Abigail says and I agree.

"Oh, okay. Good game to you girls."

"Good game to you too, Mad," I give them a smile and they move away shortly thereafter, so I go back to paying attention to Ashley.

After a few minutes the opposing team and our school's team take the field. Andrey looks at the benches as if he is looking for someone, and I see that someone is me when he sees me and his worried expression gives way to a grin from ear to ear.

A coin toss is made, and from the look on David's face, who is the Royalty quarterback, I see that it is his team that will start with the ball.

Royalty's placekicker kicks the ball towards the opponent's field, starting the game, but the opposing team's returner manages to catch the ball and manages to score a touchdown on the return, scoring an extra point soon after.