Chapter Twenty

Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.

November 17, 2022.

Madison Stone's Point Of View.

Slides are placed on the screen present on the stage in the auditorium and then the lecture begins.

"So let's start.. can anyone here tell me what harassment is?" Christopher asks and several students raise their hands, but he chooses a boy and Police Officer Jessica walks up to him with a microphone.

"Harassment is any invasive or disrespectful attitude," the boy says and Christopher agrees.

"Right. And does anyone here know what the types of harassment are?" Christopher asks and many students raise their hands again, but in smaller numbers. "It's important to know that harassment is not just when someone touches you without permission."

Christopher chooses a girl who is sitting in front of me and his other colleague Noah, comes over to the girl, giving her a microphone so that she can answer the question the delegate has asked.

"There is moral and sexual harassment," the girl replies and the delegate agrees.

"Yes. But did you know that cyberbullying is a type of harassment practiced virtually? And that there is also psychological harassment?" He asks.

Most of the students present make noise of denial, then he nods his head in agreement and soon after speaks again.

"But that's just some doubts I had about your knowledge on the subject. We came here to talk about harassment at school."

"Do you think he will talk about the harassment cases here at school?" Bryan asks in my ear.

"I don't think so. He will probably try to indirectly encourage students who have experienced it, and there aren't even any rumors out there that it happened here, since Williams is great at hiding the school's dirt."

"Yeah, that makes sense."

"We came here to warn you that if you feel disrespected by a teacher or other school employee, go to the coordination office and report it, so that the school can help you," Christopher speaks.

"WHAT IF THE SCHOOL DOES NOTHING?" David shouts, making everyone look at him. "What? This is an important question," he says in a lower tone than he used to ask his question, the same one he already know the answer.

"Good question. The school is responsible for the actions of its employees, so if it is not able to do its duty to maintain a respectful environment, go to the police station and report what happened to you," Christopher says.

"Also know that if the school knows that one of its employees has harassed a student and does nothing, the student has every right to sue the institution for moral damages," Police Officer Jessica adds more information to what Christopher says.

"Yes. If the school omits itself to adopt repressive and preventive measures, it is in violation of the rules intended for it, so the victim is entitled to compensation," Christopher speaks and I see that he is staring the Principal.

Christopher and police officers Noah and Jessica continue with the lecture by showing and explaining the slides displayed on the big screen and answering the students' questions.

Minutes later the lecture ends and the crowd begins to leave the auditorium, with the director being the first to leave.

"Shall we go?" Bryan asks as he gets up and I remain seated.

"I will wait for everyone to leave so I can talk to Christopher."

"Do you want me to stay here with you?"

"No need, thank you."

"Then I will wait for you outside, okay?" I agree, then he gives a kiss on my head and walks away, joining the other students.

After waiting for long minutes, all that's left in the auditorium is Christopher, the two Police Officers, and me, so I get up on the stage and approach him, who is on his back guarding his things.

"Hi Christopher," I speak and he turns around.

"Hi Mad." We hug. "Did you enjoy the lecture?"

"I did. I'm sure the information you and the cops gave helped a lot of people."

"I'm glad about that," he smiles and goes back to packing his things. "Do you want to ask any questions too?"

"Uhm.. did you come here to hand out a subpoena for the director and Alexander to testify?"

"Yes. They need to be heard," I agree and he stares at me. "But you don't have to worry. They will testify at my police station and I know the truth."

"Are they going to depose today?"

"No. They will depose tomorrow morning, but don't tell anyone, because I shouldn't even be telling you this," and I agree.

"I won't," he puts away his laptop with his flash drive and closes his bag, picking it up and slung it over his shoulder.

"I'm going to your mother's work now to tell her what happened here, because she asked me to."

"Okay."

He gets closer, giving me a kiss on the top of my head and is going to walk away soon after, but my curiosity causes me to call out to him.

"Christopher," He stops walking and turns around. "Do you happen to have any interest in my mother?" and he smiles.

"Your mother, besides being beautiful, is a good woman." And I give a little jump of joy, making him laugh. "I saw that the moment we talked. You are lucky to have her as a mother."

"I know."

"But why the question?" He looks at me curious and I give him a playful smile.

"Because just in case you are, know that you can count on me to help you stay with her," I say and he gives a small laugh.

"Thank you for your support. I will charge you for this, huh?"

"You can charge, just as I will also charge you what you told me in the confectionery shop."

"You can charge me too. Now I'm going to go talk to her, okay? Then we will talk," and I agree, so we leave the auditorium with the Police Officers and I am surprised to see Bryan and Andrey standing next to each other in silence.

Christopher greets them, gives me a hug and walks away with his colleagues, leaving only the three of us here.

"Are you really not going to talk to each other again? Stop being childish. I love you both and I really wish you could be friends," I stare the boys, who look at me like two grumpy children with their arms folded.

"Why do we need to be friends?" Bryan asks.

"Because you never did anything for each other. You're only like this because of me and if this continues, I will stop talking to both of you," I threaten and they widen their eyes, looking at each other soon after. "Please.."

"Okay.." Andrey gives in and reaches out his hand to Bryan. "Let's not ignore each other anymore.. for Mad."

"For Mad," They exchange a handshake and I smile.

I have one less problem to solve now. I know they won't be friends, but just that they won't be ignore each other's existence anymore makes me happy.