Chapter Thirty Five

Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.

November 22, 2022.

Madison Stone's Point Of View.

Christopher stops the car in front of my grandparents Noah and Hailey's house, and we get out of it, walking to the door and ringing the bell.

"I hope they like me," Christopher says, and I notice a certain nervousness in his voice, so I don't even make a point of holding my tongue.

"Are you guys by any chance having something besides friendship and didn't tell me?" And the two of them both widen their eyes, making me roll mine. "Come on. I'm not stupid. I know you guys are into each other."

"Madison!" My mother scolds me turning red and I realize Christopher is getting the same way.

"I'm not lying and you know it," I say and she takes a deep breath as Christopher stares at the floor. "Don't be embarrassed, Christopher. You know I support you two staying together."

"Christopher, I'm sorry about Madison. And answering your question.. my parents already like you just because of what you've already done for me and Mad," she says and he looks up, causing the two of them to stare at each other for a few seconds smiling.

"Then you fight me when I say something," I mumble and they both stare at me, making me realize that I didn't speak as softly as I thought. "Grandma's taking her time opening the door, huh?" I say awkwardly, trying to change the subject.

"Yes. Ring the bell again," and I do as my mother says.

A short time later the door is opened and I mentally thank my grandparents for this, because the atmosphere here was already getting unpleasant.

"Madison!" My grandmother happily approaches me and gives me a tight hug.

"Hi Grandma," I squeeze her in the hug as well.

"How are you, honey?"

"I'm doing well."

"That's good. We will talk about what you did, see? Because I want to understand what you were thinking when you did that."

"And here we go again on that subject," I think to myself.

"Okay.." we let go as she goes to greet my mother and Christopher and I go to my grandfather, who was greeting Baker and my mother, hugging him as well.

"Hi my Madison. How I've missed my little granddaughter," he says and gives me a kiss on the top of my head.

"I missed you too Grandpa."

I have a very good relationship with my maternal grandparents. I also have a nice relationship with my paternal grandparents, but since I am the only granddaughter of Grandpa Noah and Grandma Hailey, since my mother is an only child and she only has me, I am spoiled more by them.

"So you are the famous Christopher?" My grandma speaks with Baker, causing me to turn my face around to see the scene, but I remain hugged with my grandfather.

"I don't know about this famous thing, but I am Christopher yes," he smiles and they approach each other, exchanging a hug.

"Noah, help Christopher get the bags out of the car. Girls, let's go inside. I made a chocolate banana cake just the way you like it, Madison," and I agree happily, so I pull out of my grandfather's embrace and the three of us walk into the house.

"Where are my aunt and uncle?" My mom asks.

"They will only arrive tomorrow," Grandma answers and we go into the kitchen, where I see on the countertop the cake she told me about. "I will make some coffee quickly so we can have it with the cake."