Chapter Seventeen

Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.

November 15, 2022.

Madison Stone's Point Of View.

The bell rings signaling that another school day is over and I quickly get up, put my backpack on my back and leave the classroom, going towards the place where Ahsley, Ryan, Bryan, David, Andreyand I had arranged to meet.

I approach the people and see two girls that I have never seen before together with my friends, which makes me deduce that they are girls who have gone through the same thing I have.

"What's up, where are Ashley and Ryan? I thought they were with you." David asks and I deny it.

"I didn't see them on the way over, but they should be here by now so we can go," I say and he agrees.

"Mad," Andrey catches my eye and I look at him. "This is Abigail and Sophia and they will be coming to the police station with us," Andrey introduces the girls to me.

"Pleasure, I'm Madison," the girls and I greet each other and I, to confirm, ask them if they know what we're going to do.

"Yes. Andrey and David commented to the English teacher during class that they were glad the teacher wasn't coming to school and Sophia and I agreed, so they started talking about how they didn't like his attitudes and we started talking about it," Abigail says.

"Yes, and then during the conversation, we felt comfortable enough to tell them what happened to us, and they supported us and told us about you and the idea you had," Sophia complements what her friend says.

"So, do you guys know what happened to me?" I ask and they agree.

"We know and we are sorry for that," Sophia and Abigail smile ruefully.

"I'm sorry for what you've been through, too.. in fact, may I ask what happened to you?" And they agree, starting to tell me right away.

Sophia tells me that Alexander once made obnoxious jokes about her body and she felt extremely uncomfortable about it, so she went to the principal and complained to him, but he implied that it was the fault of her clothes and the intimacy she gave him.

Abigail said that one day after class ended, she was the last one to leave the room, and as she was leaving, he whistled at her. She then turned around indignantly and told him that she didn't like what he did, being answered with a "it's just a joke." She said she didn't like it and went to the principal, who told her he couldn't do anything because she had no evidence.

"Wow, that just shows how gross he is," I speak sickeningly and they agree.

"And put gross in that," Sophia says and I see Ashley coming towards us with Ryan.

"Madison Stone, why did you quit the cheerleading squad?" Ahsley approaches me already wanting to remove her doubt and Andrey looks at me in shock.

"You quit?" I agree. "Why?"

"Because I'm not in the mood to cheer other people on."

"Is that really the only reason?" He asks suspiciously and I agree.

"Yes, it has nothing to do with our breakup."

"I'm going out too." Ahsley throws a tantrum and Ryan denies it.

"Don't even dare think about it."

"And who will be taking your place?" Andrey asks.

"Sarah." I speak and he is surprised by the calmness with which I speak, but then agrees, bowing his head.